cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU Tweak does not work..

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Why is my Asus GPU Tweak not working anymore.. randomly as of around a week ago or two of which I can remember.. my GPU Tweak doesn't start up, nor turn on at all.

I reinstall it, reboot.. it turns on.. then later it doesn't turn on anymore.

I cannot open it, I cannot configure ANYTHING, it's completely dead after one use on installing.

I've tried old versions and new versions.

HELP
5 REPLIES 5

Maxter
Level 9
When I was on Win 8/8.1, I could never get GPU tweak to work. I gave up after months... MSI Afterburner worked perfect. After Win10 upgrade, I gave Tweak for Win 10 a try. It works flawlessly...
I think ASUS didn't truly support Tweak for laptops. That's why they made a "laptop version" on the fly a few years back.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Mr Maxter! ;d

Well that sounds retarded.. mine always worked, just abruptly stopped as of within this month. ':f

I will try MSI Afterburner I guess. :c

Edit: HELP! Where is the FPS Governor! Heeeelp!!

Edit 2: It seems to comply with NVidia's FPS Governor.. I guess that's okii. ;d ❤️

Edit 3: What's with the Memory Clock MHz? It can only go up to 1,000+ is that a safety feature? Also is that the same as I know it on GPU Tweak?

On GPU Tweak, I'd go from 4,000 (770m) up to 4900 MHz. So do I put it as 900+?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
NOT USING THIS SOFTWARE ANYMORE..

It's suddenly started to make my Lappy freeze and made artifacts go EVERYWHERE.. I couldn't even move my mouse, the entire unit was locked and was forced to use the killswitch and rip it out of my system via SafeMode

I think somehow, it doubled my Overclock going from 135+ to 270+ and doubled my memory from 900+ to 1800+

Too dangerous to use in my opinion, won't touch it again going to look for GPU Tweak.

Maxter
Level 9
MSI overclocks to the highest allowed by voltage. The maximum is not the actual the card can take.
I think it's a very safe program (better than Tweak to be honest...) but if it gives you trouble, uninstall.
Where you playing with the voltages? that's a no man's (or woman's) land... unless you REALLY understand what you're doing.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Maxter wrote:
MSI overclocks to the highest allowed by voltage. The maximum is not the actual the card can take.
I think it's a very safe program (better than Tweak to be honest...) but if it gives you trouble, uninstall.
Where you playing with the voltages? that's a no man's (or woman's) land... unless you REALLY understand what you're doing.

Didn't touch voltage at all. All I did was 135+ and 900+ on GPU Clock and Memory.

After that experience, I'm just not going to risk it.

Honestly, if the 135+ and 900+ is all I'm doing, I honestly don't see the difference between programs.. other than Afterburner being too powerful to be content that something will not go wrong. ':f

Seriously, it was heart-wrenching.. everything froze, then rainbow pixels came out of nowhere and I couldn't do anything. I thought my GPU blew up.