cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios Saved OC Profiles WON'T Load....

Saijohn
Level 7
I am on Bios 1701. I have a few OC Profile settings saved on the board. But recently when I go into the bios and try load my saved profiles, it seems like it is stuck trying to process.... There's nothing else wrong with my rig. I can start it up and get into the UEFI and Windows will boot up with stock settings and OC settings (if I inputting the settings manually). It's not really a big deal, but it's just strange cause it used to work not too long ago with this current Bios. Has anyone here encountered this or have a solution?
7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you cleared CMOS with power removed from board..... and then tried?

I did clear the CMOS... but what do you mean by with power removed?? Do i need to switch off the PSU as well then clear the CMOS??? By the way I did some research regarding my issue on he internet. Others with the same issue on other Asus MB stated that it could be some settings that was enabled causing this hang when trying to load profiles stored on the board. Will try to test by saving a stock profiles and see if the MB would load.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, I think clear CMOS is actually supposed to be done with PSU off....

Maybe save the profiles to USB stick and reflash BIOS...BIOS Flashback method. Profiles can be saved on USB and imported on same BIOS version.

Profiles are not compatible on different BIOS versions.

bernisv
Level 7
Hi all,

i have the same issue, since i have this board. It has never worked for me (and yes, cmos cleared, etc.).

Greetings
Berni
MB: Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X (@4,2 / Adaptive Voltage 1,23V)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 (32GB-Kit 2666-15-15-15-35 @1,2V)
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X Superclocked and Geforce 480 GTX
PSU: Corsair AX1500i
M2: Samsung XP941
SSD: 2 x Samsung 840 pro
HD: HGST He8 8TB
Display: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
Keyboard: Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei MLG Edition/ Zowie ZA12

CPU and GPUs watercooled

Adom_Doledas
Level 7
Hello, I'm having the same issue, is this because of the Asus BIOS or is this because of the board's fault?

vmanuelgm
Level 11
I had this issue and the cause was modifying the CSM options in Boot. If I left it untouched, the saved files worked.
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

Qwinn
Level 11
Correct... in my case, as I have installed with UEFI, I first have to disable CSM (which gets turned back on whenever you clear CMOS), then restart, then OC profiles will load properly.