cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551 Auto Shutdown when Playing Heavy Graphic Games

klinelozada
Level 7
Hello Guys,

The G551JW i bought was around 3 months now, well i'm experiencing sudden shutdown when playing heavy games. Games like GTA5, Dota 2 (high / low settings still shutdown), i don't know what's the problem, i even started to test on funmark but it's shutting down, also i realized that when i play Dota 2 on the same settings and the charger is plugged it'll shutdown automatically, but if i do play without the charger plugged the game runs fine. I don't really have any idea what's going on. Can someone tell me what to test or anything just to find what the problem is?

Thanks in advance guys.
13 REPLIES 13

Compwxr
Level 9
Defective AC adapter? Might be 😕
- Compwxr - Volter Team - Check us at http://voltground.com

Gps3dx
Level 12
Search the reason in the Windows event viewer - crashes without BSOD during heavy CPU and/or GPU load causes usually because of drivers.
only after you've rolled out the driver part - you need to check the HW - but in your case it means RMA ( i.e return to asus ).

1st, wipe the damn pre-installed bloated windows you got from asus, and install windows 8.1/10 FROM SCRATCH.
Then, install drivers (NOT FROM ASUS) like Intel inf, Nvidia geforce, and more. ( search this sub-forum for threads about that, it exist ).
Only then you'll be able, truly, to judge whether it is a SW problem or HW problem.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

dunedune
Level 7
First make sure you download Nvidia Driver from ASUS Main Site version 345.xx not stupid useless latest one from Nvidia .

dunedune wrote:
First make sure you download Nvidia Driver from ASUS Main Site version 345.xx not stupid useless latest one from Nvidia .

Hello if you dont mind me asking what's the difference with the vcard drivers update from nvidia to asus? Thanks

Because when the company designed the graphic card created to run the original driver perfectly without any issues ,Depends on Model . For instance , When i upgraded my Nvidia Driver from 347.25 to 355.98 , I noticed some conflicts in Games performance like Skyrim ... However it was insane to describe how ugly it was .... When i run around environment the FPS is changing every single moments Between '' 60 - 50 -35 - 25 ! " With some lagging .Remember that GPU Temperature is fine ,It was 72C ,And many other games damaged with Insane FPS drop ... So the Old driver 347.25 is running most of games Smoothly 60FPS 'No Lagging or crashes'

dunedune wrote:
Because when the company designed the graphic card created to run the original driver perfectly without any issues ,Depends on Model . For instance , When i upgraded my Nvidia Driver from 347.25 to 355.98 , I noticed some conflicts in Games performance like Skyrim ... However it was insane to describe how ugly it was .... When i run around environment the FPS is changing every single moments Between '' 60 - 50 -35 - 25 ! " With some lagging .Remember that GPU Temperature is fine ,It was 72C ,And many other games damaged with Insane FPS drop ... So the Old driver 347.25 is running most of games Smoothly 60FPS 'No Lagging or crashes'

Thank you very much sir for the thorough input about their difference. All these time i often upgrade my nvidia drivers on nvidia site, but good to know that their is very much difference about the 2 drivers given. I'll try to update further. As of the moment i reset my laptop to factory type and test most of the things i was having issues for, i had 2 sudden shutdown today, but unlike before most of the time when i enter the dashboard of dota 2 it crashes right away, it automatically shuts down. So instead of having windows 10, i'm going to stay on windows 8.1 factory type of O.S. with the base drivers on NVIDIA, i'll try to update my nvidia drivers and see the difference and update the thread if i still manage to have sudden shutdowns while playing heavy games. Btw sir you have windows 10 OS?

dunedune
Level 7
Am not an idiot to upgrade to windows 10 , windows 10 is nightmare and its worthless for gaming with many problems ...... Just even worse than windows 8 ....
So try installing nvidia driver this version from asus site 345.xx and tell me the result

dunedune wrote:
Am not an idiot to upgrade to windows 10 , windows 10 is nightmare and its worthless for gaming with many problems ...... Just even worse than windows 8 ....
So try installing nvidia driver this version from asus site 345.xx and tell me the result

I tried the NVIDIA Driver 347.52 nothing really happened as of the moment. I'll update the thread if the problem exist.

dunedune
Level 7
Hmm strange --"
Try this ,change the resolution of the screen from intel HD setting to 1600x900 or any less ...
Question : did u tried to connect your laptop via HDMI port to a TV or any screen !? Does the problem still occurred ?