cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] G501jw Sleep does not work (in Win10?). Fresh boot when waking from sleep.

ellite
Level 7
Hi,
I bought the Asus G501jw a few months ago, and this issue is getting very annoying.
I am doing some work, and have whatever software running, and I need to change location, so I close the lid on my laptop and it goes to sleep. (I can see the sleep led blinking).
I get to my new location, open the lid again and the computer wakes up, but does a fresh boot. I login again to windows, and all my open windows are gone. It's just like I've restarted the computer when I open the lid.
Any ideas? Is defrauding the purpose of having a laptop, since I can not commute with it unless I keep the lid open.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

ASUS G501JW
Windows 10 Home 64Bit
7 REPLIES 7

Mochammad_Mirsh
Level 7
ellite wrote:
Hi,
I bought the Asus G501jw a few months ago, and this issue is getting very annoying.
I am doing some work, and have whatever software running, and I need to change location, so I close the lid on my laptop and it goes to sleep. (I can see the sleep led blinking).
I get to my new location, open the lid again and the computer wakes up, but does a fresh boot. I login again to windows, and all my open windows are gone. It's just like I've restarted the computer when I open the lid.
Any ideas? Is defrauding the purpose of having a laptop, since I can not commute with it unless I keep the lid open.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

ASUS G501JW
Windows 10 Home 64Bit

I got same problem. but it seems it just happen at win 10. my pal got same problem too with other laptop series. I my self downgrade my OS to win 8. and it works.

kaps26
Level 7
I had the same problem. installing windows 8 didn't help. ended up replacing the motherboard on RMA.

I had no issue with this up until I installed the newest Nvidia drivers yesterday. I'm starting to think that is the problem, because that's all that has changed on my system. I will be definitely looking for a fix to this, it's really annoying. I have found a work around to the shutdown, which is setting the screen to 'do nothing' when you close the lid. It isn't sleeping, but it will at least not shutdown when I move around with my laptop.

Ok guys! I was able to solve it.
In my case, step by step:
- Right click the battery icon
- Power Option
NOW DO THIS FOR EVERY PROFILE AVAILABLE (In my case: Power Saver, Balanced and High Performance)
- Change plan settings
- Change advanced power settings
- Sleep -> Allow Hybrid Sleep -> On Battery: ON
- Sleep -> Allow Hybrid Sleep -> Plugged In: ON

!53700

And it now sleeps and wakes up as it is supposed to

Hope it works for you also.

ellite wrote:
- Power Option
NOW DO THIS FOR EVERY PROFILE AVAILABLE (In my case: Power Saver, Balanced and High Performance)
- Change plan settings

!53700

I had same problem and confirm it works.
Thank you for info.

ellite wrote:
- Power Option
- Change plan settings

!53700

Man, I can't thank you enough. I've tried everything I could think of.

Karimkassan
Level 7
ellite wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

ASUS G501JW
Windows 10 Home 64Bit

I found a solution :D.
Just re-install the same bios ver you have.
How:
install winflash open cmd as admin, copy the winflash path and past it to the cmd then write:
" /nodate"(there is space).
then winflash will open choose the bios file you have (mine .207 assus rog g551).
then flash and everything will work fine .
Thanks.