cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z9PE-D8 WS PCIe Gen3 doesn't work Support ignores

AlexTom
Level 7
Hi,
I'm writing here because it seams like there's no where else to go. I tried to contact ASUS Support but they started speaking to me in Russian, language that I don't speak. I asked them to reply in English and they totally ignored me after that.

My issue is next:
[Motherboard Specification]
Model: Z9PE-D8 WS
Motherboard Revision : 1.04
Motherboard BIOS Revision : 5802

[VGA Card Specification]
VGA Card Vendor : NVIDIA
VGA Card Model : GTX
VGA Card Chipset : 680
VGA Card Driver : 358.87
2x GPU's in SLI

[CPU Specification]
CPU Vendor : Intel
CPU Type : Xeon E5-2670
CPU Speed : 2.60 GHz (2 Processors)

[Memory Specification]
Memory Vendor : G.Skill
Memory Model : F3-1866C10Q-32GXL
Memory Capacity : 64 GB

[HDD Specification]

[Add-on Card Specificatio]
Operating System : Win2012 R2

[Problem Description]

Long time I wasn't able to activate PCIe Gen3 on my system.I used every option for
it in the BIOS, tried every possible thing I could find over the net and still no luck. Even
though my GPU's and OCZ Revodrive SSD are Gen3, for some reason they work as
Gen2 This seriously affects my performance and I'm out of ideas what to do.

GPU's and SSD are the only devices connected via PCIe and they are recognized by the system as Gen2. Even though they should all be Gen3.

If anyone has any ideas please reply. Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello AlexTom

Welcome to the ROG forum.

In my bios I can select GEN3 by going to advanced tab, system agent configuration, NB PCIe Configuration.

Although your bios may be different.

Hello Nate,
I have the same option, and by default it says Auto, selecting Gen3 has no impact at all.
Thanks

Nate152

Marc_UK2016
Level 7
AlexTom wrote:
Hi,
I'm writing here because it seams like there's no where else to go. I tried to contact ASUS Support but they started speaking to me in Russian, language that I don't speak. I asked them to reply in English and they totally ignored me after that.

My issue is next:
[Motherboard Specification]
Model: Z9PE-D8 WS
Motherboard Revision : 1.04
Motherboard BIOS Revision : 5802

[VGA Card Specification]
VGA Card Vendor : NVIDIA
VGA Card Model : GTX
VGA Card Chipset : 680
VGA Card Driver : 358.87
2x GPU's in SLI

[CPU Specification]
CPU Vendor : Intel
CPU Type : Xeon E5-2670
CPU Speed : 2.60 GHz (2 Processors)

[Memory Specification]
Memory Vendor : G.Skill
Memory Model : F3-1866C10Q-32GXL
Memory Capacity : 64 GB

[HDD Specification]

[Add-on Card Specificatio]
Operating System : Win2012 R2

[Problem Description]

Long time I wasn't able to activate PCIe Gen3 on my system.I used every option for
it in the BIOS, tried every possible thing I could find over the net and still no luck. Even
though my GPU's and OCZ Revodrive SSD are Gen3, for some reason they work as
Gen2 This seriously affects my performance and I'm out of ideas what to do.

GPU's and SSD are the only devices connected via PCIe and they are recognized by the system as Gen2. Even though they should all be Gen3.

If anyone has any ideas please reply. Thank you!

The reason it dont work is you have to go into the biaos and enable GEN3 then you have to download a file off Nvidia and run it the file is.

force-enable-gen3.exe (then reboot)

the graphics card has to be Gen3 BUT! it will register as gen 3 in information on the control panel only if you install bios before 5802 also even if you get it to work what happens is the frame rates will drop from 60fps on a 60hz monitor too 25fps 35fps etc because of ASUS's board the only way the frame rates will stay solid is on Gen2 i wouldn't advice anyone to buy an ASUS board because they are bug ridden and the support is lousy i know i been through it all and i'm still using this board at the moment with the older bios on Windows 10 which ASUS refuses to support on this board.