cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VIII M2 use Kills Intel IRST RAID !!!

SYROB
Level 7
Warning !!

IF using M2 Samsung 950 PRO 512mb, Samsung 850 PRO 2T, WAS going to do 2xWD RE 4TB each as mirror Intel IRST RAID for backup space of the others.

Tried all combinations, if M2 available no RAID !!!

Using M2 Disables the ability to use Intel IRST RAID !!

ASUS never states in their ads, on the box, or even in the manual that M2 kills Intel IRST RAID !!!

This is crazy, will call ASUS Monday, if no luck back goes the board as defective, glad I used Newegg Prime...
6 REPLIES 6

SYROB
Level 7
Just spoke with ASUS.

There is a bug in the design, CAN'T do M2 and IRST RAID at the same time, Across All ASUS MB, even the WS model.

No ETA, if ever, this is totally unacceptable...

Chino
Level 15

said53
Level 7
Well come to ASUS.

js2015
Level 7
SYROB wrote:
Warning !!

IF using M2 Samsung 950 PRO 512mb, Samsung 850 PRO 2T, WAS going to do 2xWD RE 4TB each as mirror Intel IRST RAID for backup space of the others.

Tried all combinations, if M2 available no RAID !!!

Using M2 Disables the ability to use Intel IRST RAID !!

ASUS never states in their ads, on the box, or even in the manual that M2 kills Intel IRST RAID !!!

This is crazy, will call ASUS Monday, if no luck back goes the board as defective, glad I used Newegg Prime...

it's work on my M8H with latest 1202 BIOS, may I know your bios version ?

- SM 950 Pro is PCI-E mode device ==> IRST should work ok
- SM 850 Pro is SATA mode device ==> as ASUS M8H's manual "When the M.2(Socket 3) is operating in SATA mode,
SATA ports 1 and 2 (SATA6G_12) will be disable"

so if you're using SM 850 + IRST, shoule work fine with connect the SM 850 devies on SATA Port 3, 4, 5 or 6. hope this help ~