cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g752 Battery question, easily swappable?

Galenkelch
Level 7
Getting ready to purchase a ROG g752. Is the battery easily swappable so I could use a second to double my time unplugged? Or is it tightly screwed in place and a nightmare to get in and out?
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
You could download the manual and find that answer Asus Support Downloads While your there go ahead and download all the latest drivers.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for the suggestion. The PDF does not mention changing the battery at all. G751 models do not allow battery replacement but many requested this be changed. There is no mention of if the g752 is the same or not. So my question is directed at any G752 owners that can comment.

Unfortunately no. The batteries are not user replaceable. Im sure in the future there will be a how to on people who dont mind pulling one apart, but the bottom is one solid constructed piece with only the fan shroud which can be removed for cleaning, and the access panel to the drives/mem/ect.

My guess why they omitted it may be weight and size. This laptop is already pushing weight and size more over the previous gen. These are really meant to be desktop replacements and not stray too far away from an outlet.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
Unfortunately no. The batteries are not user replaceable. Im sure in the future there will be a how to on people who dont mind pulling one apart, but the bottom is one solid constructed piece with only the fan shroud which can be removed for cleaning, and the access panel to the drives/mem/ect.

My guess why they omitted it may be weight and size. This laptop is already pushing weight and size more over the previous gen. These are really meant to be desktop replacements and not stray too far away from an outlet.
If you consider that the keyboard plate is even not anymore inclinated...

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
G752 has a built-in battery. No way to replace until you open it. BUt with battery management of Windows 10 (that unplug automatically battery when fully charge) there might be no problem with life shorten.