cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. GL552VW won't turn on. Can I ask how to fix it?

blest215
Level 7
Thank you for read this thread.

Yesterday, my GL552VW suddenly powered down and it won't turn on until now.

When I push the power button, just first LED light (with light bulb picture) turned on white and laptop doesn't reply.

Screen is black and keyboard light is off, and fan won't start rotating.

My battery is full since battery LED is green and I plugged in power cable also.

Is this power supply or motherboard trouble?

I send a mail to ASUS support but is there anything I can do with my laptop which doesn't wake?

Thank you again.
9 REPLIES 9

ROGKenny
Level 7
Have you tried removing the battery? Then try with just ac plug?

ROGKenny wrote:
Have you tried removing the battery? Then try with just ac plug?

Yes, I tried to turn on without battery and only with cable, but got same situation.

Julskey
Level 10
Have you tried removing battery and then press power button for more than 30seconds, then reinsert battery and press power on?

Julskey wrote:
Have you tried removing battery and then press power button for more than 30seconds, then reinsert battery and press power on?

I found that method from google search and tried several times, but has same trouble.

this is very similar to how my G75VX meet its death. only in my case i could hear its fans turning. no other signs of life.
i9 14900k, z790, GTX 4090, Azoth

ATR-42 wrote:
this is very similar to how my G75VX meet its death. only in my case i could hear its fans turning. no other signs of life.

How did you fixed that? Or was it really death and couldn't recovered? Sadly.

blest,
unfortunately i didnt and it was totally out of the blue. i got the black screen, power on lights and fan noise ONLY... nothing else would function. if i let it sit for an hour or so, it would come back to life for about a minute or two, then just go back to black.

after looking around the internet it seemed to be a point of failure. i saw guys taking the whole laptop apart and "reflowing" the GPU (heating it to 200 degrees). in any event it was going to need service so i threw in the towel. I bought my G75 used so i was not in a good position for support. yours is new so at least ASUS should be backing you up with full repair.
i9 14900k, z790, GTX 4090, Azoth

ATR-42 wrote:
blest,
unfortunately i didnt and it was totally out of the blue. i got the black screen, power on lights and fan noise ONLY... nothing else would function. if i let it sit for an hour or so, it would come back to life for about a minute or two, then just go back to black.

after looking around the internet it seemed to be a point of failure. i saw guys taking the whole laptop apart and "reflowing" the GPU (heating it to 200 degrees). in any event it was going to need service so i threw in the towel. I bought my G75 used so i was not in a good position for support. yours is new so at least ASUS should be backing you up with full repair.

Ok, then ASUS repair is only hope. Really thank you for replying.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yep, I would say RMA is your only option. Sounds like the MOBO is toast. Even if everything else is crapped out you should still get to either BIOS or a black screen saying no boot disk found. For the one light to illuminate tells the story.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein