cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Extras With Motherboards

smokingtommy
Level 7
It's always nice to get a few bits extra with a new Motherboard and most of the time the included bits are worth while and some times not so I was wondering if its would be worth while having the community adding additional information as to what we would like to have as a extra for me I'd like to see a M.2 drive added one that is just big enough to hold a OS.
The new ASUS MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA is due to be released im not sure what would be in the box but some thing like a M.2 would be such a nice added bonus
Anyway what would you like to see as added extra s
6 REPLIES 6

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Sorry but I'm sure most fell the same as I do. I do not want to pay extra for something like a SSD that the manufacturer feels is adequate compared to what I may want or need.

Speak for yourself, I'm not only meaning a ssd but other items that might aid in the help for a new build or upgrade I'd rather some thing of use over some thing I'll just defenestrate

juzz86
Level 7
A scheme-matching low-profile heatsink/s for an M.2 gumstick would be something I would pay a little more for. Would make a good addition to ROG and TUF boards?

the_wee_man
Level 8
smokingtommy wrote:
It's always nice to get a few bits extra with a new Motherboard and most of the time the included bits are worth while and some times not so I was wondering if its would be worth while having the community adding additional information as to what we would like to have as a extra for me I'd like to see a M.2 drive added one that is just big enough to hold a OS.
The new ASUS MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA is due to be released im not sure what would be in the box but some thing like a M.2 would be such a nice added bonus
Anyway what would you like to see as added extra s

Impact VIII has U.2, same difference, infact better I am sure although I cant remember, but yeah certainly same difference.

Also the built ON actual added sound card that is fixed to the Impact VIII gives super amazing sound, much better than full sized silly sound cards unless you need them for some strange reason, soon as I heard the sound from the Impact VIII I knew the sound was total class as Asus said it was 🙂

as for adding something else, they might have thought about the problems that a lack of one single USB 2.0 port would have created and by goodness it does cause problems, so yes, they could have included 1 single dedicated USB 2.0 port for the sake of it to save people problems installing windows 7 etc.

apart from that I cant think of anything else, these are supposed to be built to extremely high quality levels of each electronic component on the motherboard and for the simple reason to pack perfection into a small space, I hope it lives up to its words and reputation 🙂

I am happy enough with mines although I have niggles with stupid windows 10 which can and will eventually all be sorted out hopefully as soon as possible.

Menthol
Level 14
More RED to go with the black, ASUS toned the RED down as every other manufacturer took the ROG red and black colors, some Candy Apple Red to go with my black please