cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my mobo faulty or ram? Freez in UEFI BIOS.Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2 .

sde444
Level 10
Hello. So my motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2. Today i get freez crash in BIOS UEFI. The mouse was frozen, keyboard does nothing, but the various component monitors was displaying properly(the fans under FAN Profile was spinning, the CPU Temperature, CPU Voltage, and Motherboard Temperature showing status actually correctly). Only mouse and keyboard was not responding. What can caused that crash? Or my memory is faulty or motherboard?
If i remember i plugged pendrive usb when i was in bios. That is the reason or maybe not? But i was try to reproduce this and no crash again.

Mobo is Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Psu is Corsair 750 RM
ram Kingston Hyperx 2x8gb DDR3 1600mhz
cpu 4790k no OC.

Also i tested memory with memtest86 20 hours without error.
17 REPLIES 17

Nate152
Hello sde444

It's possible your usb pen drive caused the crash, if it only happened once I wouldn't be too concerned but if it happens often then there is a problem somewhere.

Your ram looks fine passing 20 hrs of memtest.

sde444
Level 10
OK:) Thx Nate for help. Hope it will not repeat.

Nate152
You're welcome

Play a game or two or run a stress test to see everything is ok.

sde444
Level 10
No freeze /bsod /errors on Windows 7 x64 .

But i cant find my memory on compatibility mem list from my motherboard. Maybe this the reason of that freez in bios?

My rams: HyperX DDR3-1600 2x8GB CL10 (HX316C10FWK2/16) I cant find them on Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 list.

in the operating system, there are no problems.. only when you get into the BIOS....

Nate152
The Hyper X Fury DDR3 is compatible with z97, Scroll down to HyperX for Asus.

If it's freezing in the bios reset to defaults (F5), your ram is plug and play so there is nothing to set for your ram.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASU&Line=SABERTOOTH%20Z97&Model=89050

Nate152 wrote:
The Hyper X Fury DDR3 is compatible with z97, Scroll down to HyperX for Asus.

If it's freezing in the bios reset to defaults (F5), your ram is plug and play so there is nothing to set for your ram.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASU&Line=SABERTOOTH%20Z97&Model=89050

So its not ram issue or it can be?

Nate152

sde444
Level 10
Damn its weird. I am still worried why i had that crash freez in bios. But various component monitors was displaying properly(the fans under FAN Profile was spinning, the CPU Temperature, CPU Voltage, and Motherboard Temperature showing status actually correctly). Only mouse and keyboard was not responding. I dont know why. Or it is serious or not. I can sell actually my rams and buy new rams but i am not sure if to do this.

Nate152
I'm leaning towards your pen drive causing the crash. Like I say if it only happened once and hasn't happened again do not worry or you'll turn grey at a young age. 😄