cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batman Arkham Knight - low performance on Strix 980 Ti when other users not.

sde444
Level 10
Hello again.I want to update with some informations, hope we resolve together issue.
So my pc is :
4790K stock
16GB DDR3 1600MHZ ( updated from 8gb ram still no resolved issue )
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
Corsair 750 RM
Samsung SSD Evo 250 GB ( updated from HDD still no resolved issue )
Asus Strix 980 Ti OC ( 1366mhz auto boost + 1800mhz memory )
Fresh Windows 10 PRO + new drivers.

So. Basically i am still suffering with weird gpu load drops and of course low framerate dips in Batman Arkham Knight only when i am driving in Batmobile. During GPU LOAD drops i am getting low framerate 50-55fps. Its only when i am driving in Batmobile around Chinatown city. So overall fps is ok 70-80s but that drops for me are not normal. I compare my fps with other user(s) with similiar pc and he have 80-100fps without drops with normal GPU LOAD.

Here is a person with almost identical pc and he have 80-100fps without that drops:

PS:
I doubt its my pc, because fps on Unigine Heaven is identical like other with similiar pc. Only Batman Arkham Knight still have problem with my pc. HELP ! Question is why i have GPU LOAD drops in some areas in this game, when other people not.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hello sde444

He has his 980ti overclocked and it looks maxed out to me, out of the box the 6700k is roughly 10% faster than your 4790k and I imagine he has his 6700k overclocked too. overclocking your cpu and gpu will give you a significant performance increase. It looks like batman arkham knight scales well across 8 cores so make sure you have hyperthreading enabled in the bios under cpu configuration.

If you're using high levels of antialiasing try lowering it or turning it off.

You can try these settings, in the NVidia control panel click manage 3D settings.

Ambient Occlusion - Quality
Anisotropic filtering - Application controlled
Antialiasing FXAA - OFF
Antialiasing Gamma correction - ON
Antialiasing mode - Application controlled (In the game settings turn this off for now)
Antialiasing setting - Application controlled
Antialiasing Transparency - OFF
Cuda GPU's - ALL
DSR Factors - OFF
DSR Smoothness - OFF
Maximum pre rendered frames - 2 or 3 (you can test this to see if either one makes a difference)
Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode
Power management mode - prefer maximum performance (your gpu will run at the base clock when at idle)
Shader Cache - ON
Texture filtering Anisotropic sample option - OFF
Texture filtering Negative LOD bias - Allow
Texture filering quality - High Quality
Texture filtering Trilinear optimization - ON
Threaded optimization - ON
Triple buffering - OFF
Vertical sync - Use the 3D application (Turn this on in the game settings if you experience screen tearing, this will also cap the frames per second to your monitors refresh rate)
Virtual Reality pre rendered frames - 1

If there is any setting in the game options for pre rendered frames turn it to 0 or off.

Let me know if this helps at all, overclocking your cpu and gpu will give you a nice performance boost.

sde444
Level 10
Nate nah. I think its not because of oced cpu or oced gpu. I found a clip with user with 980 ti and with the same cpu like me 4790k and he have still much more fps than me, without drops. Something is wrong with my machine i tak. Look:

Hes spec:
PC Specs:
Intel i7 4790K
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard
16 GB (2x8) RAM G-Skill TridentX DDR3 2400
Mushkin Striker SSD 480gb (Windows 10 Pro)
Samsung EVO 840 SSD 240gb
Seagate 7200rpm 1tb HDD
Windows 10 Pro
Corsair HX850 watt PSU
Corsair H105 CPU Water Cooler

And he have stable 70-80fps without drops to 50-55 fps.

Nate152
You say you only get the FPS drops when driving around china city so maybe that part of the game is more demanding. Remember the game is poorly optimized and was recalled but looks like it's playing pretty good.

sde444
Level 10
On the same exact place in game in chinatown he get 69fps, when i have dip to 56-58 fps.

Example: Second 4:31. I have there dip to 55-58 fps when he have 69 fps

Nate152
Well if you overclocked your cpu and gpu you would be getting around 69FPS too.

It's easy to overclock your cpu and gpu, if you want to try it and need help just say so I'll gladly help you.

sde444
Level 10
Hes 4790k is stock like mine. Hes 980 Ti is ACX slower than my Strix 980 Ti .

Nate152
He doesn't say if he's overclocking his 4790k or not but with the H105 cpu cooler I bet he is and I'll bet he's overclocking his 980ti too.