cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G751-CH71 Battery stuck at 84%.

Alex8850
Level 7
Hello,

Since year and a month I own this ASUS G751JT-CH71 laptop, and everything was great until a battery issue happened with it.

A week ago it would charge normally, up to 100%, then all of a sudden it stopped at 90%, stuck with the message "12 minutes until
fully charged".

I tried updating the BIOS and calibrating it by discharging and charging it completely but now it stopped at 84%! Saying "17
minutes until fully charged".

I would like to know if anything similar happened to anyone, and if they have found a solution to it.

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Alex
36 REPLIES 36

Cmjensen86
Level 7
I have the exact same problem. It started about a week ago. it seems to stop charging at 84/86% maybe it's a bad update?

Alex8850 wrote:
Hello,

Since year and a month I own this ASUS G751JT-CH71 laptop, and everything was great until a battery issue happened with it.

A week ago it would charge normally, up to 100%, then all of a sudden it stopped at 90%, stuck with the message "12 minutes until
fully charged".

I tried updating the BIOS and calibrating it by discharging and charging it completely but now it stopped at 84%! Saying "17
minutes until fully charged".

I would like to know if anything similar happened to anyone, and if they have found a solution to it.

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Alex

Cmjensen86 wrote:
I have the exact same problem. It started about a week ago. it seems to stop charging at 84/86% maybe it's a bad update?

Thank god I found someone with the same issue!

I didn't think about that before, maybe it has to do with a bug on a recent ASUS / Windows update. Hope it gets fixed soon for both of us.

Hi
I have the same problem with my G751JT and after talking with asus support they told me this:
"""
Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I feel sincerely sorry for your trouble.
I understand you are meeting the battery issue with this product.

If the issue appears after you have installed some software or hardware, please uninstall or remove them and check if it is helpful.
Then please load BIOS default as follows. Please turn on the laptop. Press F2 as soon as you see ASUS logo to enter BIOS. Then press F9 to load BIOS default. Then save and exit and then reboot the laptop.
If still, please get to the Control Panel -> Power Option -> Build the Power Plan -> Select the High Performance mode and try again.
Also if convenient, please connect the AC Adapter to different power Outlets in your home or office for a further test.

If no effort, I am afraid that the internal battery seems to be failed.

In this situation, I would suggest you to send the notebook to our RMA department for further test and repairing.
''''''''''''''''''
I did everything they said and had to send it to RMA today.

HMH20006 wrote:
Hi
I have the same problem with my G751JT and after talking with asus support they told me this:
"""
My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

If the issue appears after you have installed some software or hardware, please uninstall or remove them and check if it is helpful.
Then please load BIOS default as follows. Please turn on the laptop. Press F2 as soon as you see ASUS logo to enter BIOS. Then press F9 to load BIOS default. Then save and exit and then reboot the laptop.
If still, please get to the Control Panel -> Power Option -> Build the Power Plan -> Select the High Performance mode and try again.
Also if convenient, please connect the AC Adapter to different power Outlets in your home or office for a further test.

In this situation, I would suggest you to send the notebook to our RMA department for further test and repairing.
''''''''''''''''''

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the information, I also sent a message to the ASUS tech support and they told me to do this steps:
1) With the laptop unplugged, press the power button for 30 seconds. Make sure no LED is on.
2) Leave the laptop to rest during 24 hours without any power supply and remove battery if possible.
3) Plug and charge the laptop for 3 hours.
4) Unplug the laptop and verify if it worked.

Honestly, I highly doubt this will work, but I will try both options and hope for the best. I find it really frustrating since I have very few time with it.
P.D: So did you sent it to repair? Do you know how much will the battery replacement cost to you? Thanks in advance for the answer.

Hi

Yes I sent to the repair and I think I will not pay anything since its still in warranty. But How know they may charge me later on but so far they paid for the shipment since its under the ASUS 360 care program.

I have an Asus G751JT that I've had since May 2015 (so less than a year) and it started having this same issue last weekend. I have been all over online trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it. My battery meter is currently stuck at 88% with 13 min left until full charge, but that level can and has varied anywhere from 85% to 90%. And I noticed that if I unplug it for a min, then plug it back it, the percentage sometimes goes up by one.

I've tried uninstalling the ACPI Control Method Battery a couple of times. And I've tried re-calibrating the battery by draining it and letting it re-charge. Neither has worked.

Seeing as how a few of us with the same model laptops are suddenly having this same issue at about the same time makes me think it's a software issue, but I'm not tech savvy in that way, so I don't know.

Was wondering if anyone has figured out the problem yet. I really don't want to have to send my laptop in as it's my work machine. It's under warranty, so if I have to I will, but I'd prefer not to have to if it can be helped.

Thanks.

BrandyT wrote:
I have an Asus G751JT that I've had since May 2015 (so less than a year) and it started having this same issue last weekend. I have been all over online trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it. My battery meter is currently stuck at 88% with 13 min left until full charge, but that level can and has varied anywhere from 85% to 90%. And I noticed that if I unplug it for a min, then plug it back it, the percentage sometimes goes up by one.

I've tried uninstalling the ACPI Control Method Battery a couple of times. And I've tried re-calibrating the battery by draining it and letting it re-charge. Neither has worked.

Seeing as how a few of us with the same model laptops are suddenly having this same issue at about the same time makes me think it's a software issue, but I'm not tech savvy in that way, so I don't know.

Was wondering if anyone has figured out the problem yet. I really don't want to have to send my laptop in as it's my work machine. It's under warranty, so if I have to I will, but I'd prefer not to have to if it can be helped.

Thanks.

Hi Brandy,

I am glad I am not the only one with the same issue, its been already three of us with the exact same problem already, and also
makes me think it could be a bug on the computer's software.

My battery can charge up to a range between 85% and 90%, and if I plug it back it goes up each time by 1%, with a maximum charge
of 91% that once happened. I also tried uninstalling the drivers and yesterday updated Windows but nothing changed.

I will try the solutions the IT ASUS Technician gave me, hope it fixes it, and if it does, I will notify you. This laptop is also my
working / gaming PC, and it would be a mess If i had to send it.

HOw much did shipping cost? if you could send me a private message what they say id appreciate it.

HMH20006 wrote:
Hi
"""
1My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

''''''''''''''''''

JustinThyme
Level 13
Most of the time I've seen this it was a result of one cooked cell in the pack.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein