cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 issues

extremeredline
Level 7
So have a sabertooth 990fx r2.0 and amd fx 8350. I can not get windows to install on the regular sata ports only the asmedia ports will install windows. This is not the way it is ment to function is it and I should be requesting an RMA right? I have swaped the cpu 4 times so I know it not the cpu. I have also tried different hdd all the same.
3 REPLIES 3

brkkab123
Level 7
You need to press F8 key after being in the uefi and then click on your flash drive that says uefi in the name, then do the install. Selecting the regular dvd/flash drive without the uefi in the name won't work.
I have the same mobo and cpu in my pc.
It has to be done this way for SecureBoot to work.

I have selected the uefi but it will only work fine for the asmedia. upon reboot after install on regular sata ports when it goes to configure windows for the first time set up I get 0x000002 or something. but asmedia works.

AtlasMinor
Level 8
I might have insight on whats going on, but not enough info to try and help.

Any way you could list the all options enabled /disabled in bios prior to install

Also

Which operating system are you trying to install, this is also needed info.

I dont own the mobo but currently after making a purchase of a mobbile device and buying into windows 10 i have been forced to find out everything ive missed out on the past 7 years.

Hardware specs will help here as well, detailed model names plz, could be a known drive failure thats been recalled or something, wont know until a list is posted.

but, Congrats on bulding your first RIG, first times are always the hardest and bent pins is a nasty thought, wish that wasnt mentioned, hope not,

Lets hear it.