cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ on Windows 10 - Intel GPU driver keeps crashing, can't update?

BPMOmega
Level 7
Hello, all. I updated my PC to Windows 10 a while back, and it's been pretty smooth sailing. There's just been one issue. It really isn't a BIG problem, but a problem still.

Frequently, I'm finding that the Intel GPU driver crashes, especially when watching video. The odd thing I noticed about this is how the error reads "Intel HD Video for Windows 8.1" (or something to that effect). So, I figure I should upgrade to Windows 10-specific drivers. Right?

Well, wrong. Or at least, it doesn't seem like I CAN.

I've downloaded the latest drivers from Intel (here), and it lists that it supports the HD 4600 (which is what this laptop came with) on Windows 10. Sounds great. Except, when I run the installer, it says:

"This operating system is not supported."

So, wait, what? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, on a Haswell-family CPU... both the Intel website and the first screen for the driver installer says it's supported... and yet running the installer, says it's not.

What gives? Am I missing something here? Is there something else I need to install before installing this? Something ELSE I could do to stop the Intel driver from crashing?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

redduc900
Level 9
Update the 4600 driverset via Device Manager instead. Device Manager--> Display adapters--> Intel HD Graphics 4600 Properties--> Driver tab--> Update Driver button--> Search automatically for updated driver software. The latest Win10 compatible driver for the 4600 is 10.18.15.4256 dated 7/17/2015.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

Hmm, I already have that driver version installed. Is there something else I could be doing to stop the driver from crashing all the time?

BVr77
Level 7
Hi, You have to uninstall your driver, reboot the laptop then go to "device manager" uninstall the driver a second time here, reboot, go back to the device manager look if Windows have install a generic Intel graphic driver if yes, you can install the lastest Intel Graphic Driver you can find here:

DRV V 15.40.16.4364

be aware that this driver only works for Win10 on HD4600