cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make G750 Subwoofer work in Win 8.1

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Hi there, did a reinstall of my operating system and we all know what that's like when it comes to the G750's

Anyhow, I used to have a driver that'd install Realtek and Maxx Audio, which would get the Subwoofer to work..

Sadly not working anymore, no idea why..

Who knows WHY the subwoofer does NOT work after a fresh install of Windows? And how to make it work again?

Sometimes it just.. decides to start working on its own, it's completely beyond me.

Suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11

toronto699
Level 13
try the latest asus driver W 8.1 , 10
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017719.zip

if Maxx Audio doesn't install by itself, go to the Waves subfolder and install it manually.

what driver are u using ?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
toronto699 wrote:
try the latest asus driver W 8.1 , 10
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017719.zip

if Maxx Audio doesn't install by itself, go to the Waves subfolder and install it manually.

what driver are u using ?

Yo Yo To Ron TOOOO!!

I'm using Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017304 and I am spewin'! x'{

Going to try out yours, see if it works.. if it does, I'm sticking it on a USB, throw it in the safe and toss the key.

.... maybe not toss the key.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Nope doesn't work..

It doesn't make sense, I remember every time I installed it, it would not work, but eventually it'd randomly start to.. and would continue to work. But it's been longer than normal.

By the way, does it matter if I'm on 8.1 Pro?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
It flaming did it again, Naaru damn it!! It just randomly started working like 3-5 hours later..

toronto699
Level 13
I know u have W8.1 , there is a sticky {Maxx Audio} in the G750 forums about this issue but its very confusing , I know for fact these drivers {G11} work in W10 , on G750 laptops, so I assume they will work in W8.1. I use them on my G751 , Asus G30 Tower , Dell laptop but under W10 . just may be give them a try as there is a Stand alone Maxx Audio Driver . Does not matter if have 8.1 pro. driver issue I'm sure. I saw on the G750 driver page it says to install W 8.1 updates {Windows Update} before installing audio drivers on G750? makes no sense either.
https://www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/G11CB/HelpDesk_Download/

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Unbelievable, I cannot believe I jinxed myself. The driver has magically stopped working now for the first time ever after randomly working in the first place.

Inconceivable!

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Okay then, it seems that when I log into World of Warcraft, it's sending some signal to the driver / subwoofer and turns it on for the session I am using the laptop. When I reboot / shutdown, my subwoofer will not work unless I log into WoW again.

Why is this.. ':f

I'll wait to see if this can be fixed, before installing another driver. ';x

Maybe I should allow read / write on the driver's file directory? ;x

toronto699
Level 13
Darna I installed the Audio driver on my friends G750 from the G11 Asus tower, posted above in a link the driver V6.0.1.7586 installed Max audio , we did not install the Max Audio driver Version 1.0.0.95 W10 that's listed on the G11 driver page as the realtek driver installed max audio by itself . The 7586 driver has Vista , W8 , W8.1 and W10 64 installer thought I would let u know , hope u fix your audio soon, when ever I install any thing I make a Windows restore point just in case it messes up. then I can go back if theres a problem. Take Care

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Say again? I got a little confused.

I'm not installing MaxxAudio separately, I'm installing it through RealTek.