cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor cutting in and out or creating lines on boot? [Solved]

ryguy76
Level 7
On my second Asus Maximus VIII Extreme Board.

Both had same issues.

Using latest 1402 BIOS. When I boot, it will show the ASUS ROG logo, then disappear, then come back. It will often also have a cursor in the upper left corner blink.
During this process the PC will boot (seems slow) but I get staticy horizontal lines that look like its a monitor connection issue, but it's not.
Once it boots into windows, no issues.
If I go into BIOS, sometimes I will get the lines, sometimes it will actually black out the screen and come back.

This occurs randomly and I can't replicate it on demand. Happens w. default settings.

I thought it may be stability related but have run Realbench for hours and no issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
I own the exact motherboard with a different GPU. No signs of your issue at all. If you've experienced the same issue on both motherboards, then your problem is probably caused by the GPU, HDMI/DP cable, or your monitor.

Chino wrote:
I own the exact motherboard with a different GPU. No signs of your issue at all. If you've experienced the same issue on both motherboards, then your problem is probably caused by the GPU, HDMI/DP cable, or your monitor.

Thanks Chino. It doesn't happen when I use the same GPU /cable / monitor with my other builds. I will try to troubleshoot it with different cables / GPU though. Just to clarify, this is via displayport connection.

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
I was going to make a topic regarding this but I also had the exact same issue right after I upgraded to 1402, took me 2 weeks to figure it out and changed monitor/cable/GPU and still would not make a difference but as soon as I rolled back to Bios 1202 everything started to work again so I can guarantee you it's some sort of bug within the 1402 and certain hardware configurations.

Wow. Thanks. That's good info. It was driving me crazy. I have no idea whether its related or not, or just luck with no real cause effect, but mine went away after doing a clean install of windows. The other thing that changed is that I am now running/ booting from M.2 in EUFI. Before I was running it in legacy.

Raja
Level 13
This may have something to do with your GPU issue in the other thread, also.

ryguy76
Level 7
So my GPU was on the fritz and I think my DP cable was too. Can't say it was any issue with ASUS hardware, as a clean install of windows, a new gpu and DP cable fixed issues.