cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT - Not detecting Samsung sm951 m.2 NVMe ssd [solved]

purekaoz777
Level 8
Regarding my last thread about slowness, I'll make a new one here because it is a new problem.

I recently bought a new Samsung sm951 128gb NVMe m.2 ssd. At first it was fine, I partitioned the drive converting to GPT getting ready to install Windows 10 using UEFI boot. Then all of a sudden the partitioned drives do not show up on the windows installation, and the device is not detectable under the device manager anymore. I updated the BIOS to v211 because I thought that "might" solve it. But the ssd is now undetectable. Any ideas? Fault m.2 ssd? I even moved it to the pci slot underneath it and still not detecting..
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Ancients
Level 10
Have you tried running diskmgmt? I have had problems with Windows 10 where a new drive won't be recognized until it is manually selected to be seen there.

Ancients wrote:
Have you tried running diskmgmt? I have had problems with Windows 10 where a new drive won't be recognized until it is manually selected to be seen there.

Yes that helped thanks!

[EDIT] Using this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81003-G752VT-clean-install-some-issues-found-and-questions... i was able to get it working!