cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix R9 390x idle temperature over 65c

moreseed
Level 9
I just bought a new card which is Strix R9 390x, however I found that idle temperature is over 65c (Room temp is around 19c). Is that normal? Need help.
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
The fans don't start spinning until it reaches around 65C more or less. So what you're experiencing is normal. If it bothers you, you can download GPU Tweak II and use a more aggresive fan profile.

i don't if 65c for idle temperature is normal or not. Cos i used to have 280x, it was only 40c for idle.

Chino
Level 15
Yes, it's normal because of the 0dB fan technology.

DirectCU III features triple 0dB fans engineered with a patented, new wing-blade design that delivers maximum air flow and improved 105% static pressure over the heat sink, while operating at 3X quieter volumes than reference cards. The 0dB fans also let you enjoy games like League of Legends® and StarCraft® in complete silence — because the fan stops completely when the GPU temperature remains below a set level*. This makes DirectCU III the coolest and quietest graphics card in the market.

Learn more about 0dB fan design here.

thank you so much. I just wanna make sure that temperature is in the normal range.

Vermillion
Level 7
Mine idles the around the same temp.

I had this same issue where the card would idle around 60+ and would hit the 90's when playing games. This was actually down to the cooling in my case...I had to remove the fan from the side cover as the pipe from the card was preventing me from closing it. I replaced my front and rear fans with corsair AF120's and stuck a slim fan on the side cover. The card now idles around 30-40, and some of the intensive games only get the temp to 83.