cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dead bios 00 qcode

kaptanedi
Level 10
Intel me did firmware update and 00 code and the PC is not turned on. flashback does not work. Is the bios died?
21 REPLIES 21

Nate152
Hello kaptanedi

In the pc world I like the saying if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Please explain in full detail exactly what you did and what happened and are you referring to the MEI driver?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello kaptanedi

In the pc world I like the saying if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Please explain in full detail exactly what you did and what happened and are you referring to the MEI driver?

I station driver from the site, the LP version of the firmware me intel (11.0.0.1202) I download and flash I began. then I shut the pc y. but it is opening afraid again. release button pressed, will appear on 00 QCon. otherwise nothing will happen. BIOS is not loaded.

Menthol
Level 14
Still a little hard to understand exactly what you did but I would reflash your bios using the flashback method with an official ASUS bios to see if that gets you going again
Personally I would not recommend flashing any non factory bios or modified firmware as if it goes wrong it could brick you board and you may not be covered by warranty

rickytuk
Level 10
Check out the motherboard manual and find out where the Cmos jumper is positioned. there will be 3 tiny pins and Jumper will sat on pins 1 & 2. Power off the computer and unplug it from the wall. Press the power button to completely discharge the system then move the Jumper from pins 1 & 2 to pins 2 & 3. Wait for one minute then move the jumper back to pins 1 & 2. This is the most reliable way to clear the Cmos and if you're still getting the 00 code it's RMA or recycle time I'm afraid.

rickytuk wrote:
Check out the motherboard manual and find out where the Cmos jumper is positioned. there will be 3 tiny pins and Jumper will sat on pins 1 & 2. Power off the computer and unplug it from the wall. Press the power button to completely discharge the system then move the Jumper from pins 1 & 2 to pins 2 & 3. Wait for one minute then move the jumper back to pins 1 & 2. This is the most reliable way to clear the Cmos and if you're still getting the 00 code it's RMA or recycle time I'm afraid.

Flashback feature in the bios, me, can not affect the department. irreparable bios for him. I think, the wrong version of the menu, I flashed. PC will not boot. It must reprogram bios.

Nate152
Have you tried clearing the cmos with the button on the back? Power down your pc before doing so.

Are you sure you're doing the bios update procedure correctly? Here is a guide you can follow to be sure.

Format a usb flash drive to FAT32 and rename the bios file to M8F.CAP

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Nate152 wrote:
Have you tried clearing the cmos with the button on the back? Power down your pc before doing so.

Are you sure you're doing the bios update procedure correctly? Here is a guide you can follow to be sure.

Format a usb flash drive to FAT32 and rename the bios file to M8F.CAP

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2058〈=fr I did it flash. flashbacks, it is flashing. It works as it should be. This does not work.
I did like you said. but it did not work. FlashBack is working. but the system does not turn on.

Nate152
Is it still showing code 00?

I would advise sticking with the asus support page for drivers and updates. It sounds like something went wrong when you tried to do a firmware update and if a bios update didn't fix you I'm not sure what else we can do.

I will suggest contacting asus support and see if they have any suggestions, they might want you to RMA your motherboard.

kaptanedi
Level 10
ASUS is completely nonsense. A formula is mixed with overclocking. but there is no dual bios. even at cheaper rates msi motherboard has dual BIOS. We must now wait 20 days. Even as a $ 10 gift impasse through the bios box. I wonder ASUS authorities, it really makes for overclocking fans.