Did you mean: 

r5e suddently does not detect pcie card including m.2 nvme drive

Minsekt
Level 7
ive rma'd it
9 REPLIES 9

drop4205
Level 12
Have you tried usb bios reflash a second time. Heard once into the 3000 from all lower bios you should usb flashback method 2 times to make sure all codes update properly. Just a thought. I have yet to step into the 3000 bios series yet
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Minsekt
Level 7
ive reflashed now several times, tried different bios versions too, tried it on chip#1 and #2. doesnt work. i guess its somewhat related to the pcie lanes, maybe my cpu is damaged or the board itself. the cpu was running 4.5ghz/4.3ghz uncore both at 1.185v 24/7 tho. i did run a 8h realbench stresstest overnight without any problems, i dont think its the cpu. might just rma it all together and move to another board if i cant fix it.

Minsekt
Level 7
ive removed the monoblock, reseated the cpu, flashed back to the last 100% working bios (1902) and tried the gpu in different pci slots. the gpu works no matter what slot im using. however the soundblaster zxr and the samsung 950 pro still does not get detected neither in bios nor in windows obviously, both devices get reasonable warm tho, so theres current flowing. besides that everything works perfectly fine. anyone got an idea? :confused:

i dont think that the ssd and the soundcard both just died.

/edit
just ordered a 6700k and a VIII formula. dont have anything right now to test the soundcard or the 950 pro. kinda weird since everything else works absolutely fine.

Brighttail
Level 11
If neither PCI device works there indeed may be a MB issue. I feel sorry for you if you have to RMA it cause I have spent the last 3 months waiting for stock to replace my own and they haven't had any stock with none coming in in the forseeable future. 😞
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
If neither PCI device works there indeed may be a MB issue. I feel sorry for you if you have to RMA it cause I have spent the last 3 months waiting for stock to replace my own and they haven't had any stock with none coming in in the forseeable future. 😞

well my reseller has atleast 10 in stock right now, but it still takes time. the weird thing is that the gpu works in every pcie slot. i dont have another pci device besides the soundcard and the m.2 ssd right now, but ill try a pci wlan card tomorrow too. that way i can rule out if the soundcard/ssd is broken( will double check on the m8formula obviously too). guess i have to stick to the skylake/formula then for a while, i can live with that... :cool:

Minsekt wrote:
well my reseller has atleast 10 in stock right now, but it still takes time. the weird thing is that the gpu works in every pcie slot. i dont have another pci device besides the soundcard and the m.2 ssd right now, but ill try a pci wlan card tomorrow too. that way i can rule out if the soundcard/ssd is broken( will double check on the m8formula obviously too). guess i have to stick to the skylake/formula then for a while, i can live with that... :cool:

I wish I could take mine back to where I bought it from and get a replacement, but it has been a year. Corporate is doing a stock check and 48 hours so far they haven't found one. 😞
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Minsekt
Level 7
i installed the pce ae68 wlan card today and the r5e does detect it and it works fine. the soundcard and m2 drive still dont work on the r5e.
however i have received the M8Formula today, and the soundcard still doesnt work on it, however the m.2 950 pro still works fine. i dont really know the problem, i dont want to blame the board but in the past some voltages just set themself higher (scary higher) than stock in the bios, maybe that happened again and it killed the card. mabye the card just died and the m.2 was mourning haha. i dont know. but its working for now. i dont really need the extra cores right now so i just stick with skylake and rma the board, then sell it with my 4.5ghz @ 1.185v 5820k and the monoblock all together, x99 was the worst chipset for me, microstuttering, bootproblems with some usb devices, it just got annoying to unplug start/reboot. but well... on to the z170 adventure :cool:

FireRx
Level 11
Are you occupying PCIe 4_8 ? See page 1-19 of the manual on shared bandwith on that slot will disable the M2. if it's occupied it will wont work.
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

FireRx wrote:
Are you occupying PCIe 4_8 ? See page 1-19 of the manual on shared bandwith on that slot will disable the M2. if it's occupied it will wont work.

no, and as i mentioned it suddenly just stopped, its been working like that for over 8months.