cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152

toronto699
Level 13
There May be a another Newer Nvidia Driver coming this week. or Early next week says Nvidia

Nate152
I'm sure you'll let us know when the new one is released. 🙂

368.69 is working good for me.

Not sure if its the new drivers or if its the 1901 BIOS update for z170 pro gaming but my Strix 1080 doesnt down clock lower than 1100Mhz now...

Not sure if its the new drivers or if its the 1901 BIOS update for z170 pro gaming but my Strix 1080 doesnt down clock lower than 1100Mhz now...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Use DDU to clear out drivers and re-install...see if that helps.

This driver works well for me Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Use DDU to clear out drivers and re-install...see if that helps.

This driver works well for me Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12

The driver works well for me too, however in idle mode it doesnt clock down(Strix 1080) its pinned @1151,5Mhz wich will eventually bring the card to 55C where the fans turn on and off once every minute. And yes I have used DDU cleaner and reinstalled latest driver and it still behaves the same. My guess is that it has to do with the 1901 BIOS for Z170 pro gaming. Annoying thats all 😄

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Sorry that working well comment was kind of tacked on there as a general comment....

Hmm, well that's annoying...I'd roll back something if the newer version is not playing nice....driver or BIOS

You have any high power settings set in anything...like nvidia control panel or a GPU OC software?

I updated driver because release notes said updated W3 sli profile...though with the cut and paste they do that might have been copied from previous....368.39 was a good driver too unless there is something in the newest that you specifically wanted...

Menthol
Level 14
Keidj,
There was issues on 144hz monitors not allowing cards to downclock all the way, I have a 60hz monitor so not having that issue I wasn't following the issue, Nvidia released a beta driver before this one
Why would a motherboard bios affect your Video card not allowing it to downclock, was it working on a previous bios?