cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues setting up RAID on Rampage Extreme IV

mdoom
Level 7
Hello all, first, I want to apologize for what might seem like a stupid question, but I am beyond stumped on this one.

Today I started my latest build with an Asus Rampage Extreme IV motherboard, and I have a pair of Cosair Vertex 3 SSDs that I want to use in RAID 0 for my boot drive.

I figured this would be simple enough..

I've been trying to follow the instructions. 3 main pieces I believe:
1. switch SATA mode to RAID in bios.
2. go to Intel Rapid Storage Technology menu to set up RAID array by pressing Ctrl-I after post.
3. Create disk with RAID drivers to use during windows install.

I did the first step no problem. Now I'm on the second step and what seems to be easy, isn't. I have pressed ctrl-i non stop, in any and every place possible. near 100 times now. I cannot for the life of me get into the intel menu to setup my RAID array..

any advice here? Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2

mdoom
Level 7
So I fixed my own problem. Sorry for the question. I am leaving this thread here in case someone makes the same stupid mistake that I did.

I overlooked a few things in the user manual. Of the four RED Sata3 ports, the first two are for data drives only. (not boot drives). and since I was plugged into those, I was not getting the RAID post option where I could hit Ctrl-I. I moved my sata cables, and everything works!

LiveOrDie
Level 11
No theres 2 ASMedia ports which are read which cant be used for RAID because there not part of the chipset there only running of a PCI-E bus controller.