cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New stuff for RVE drivers and tools. Do i need them?

Goucho
Level 8
Hey guys i like to keep things up to date.

I am running W10 64bit on a vanilla RVE board with 1701 bios. Also i7 5820k with 32 GB DDR4 Crucial 2133.

What are these for and do i need them? Plus should i upgrade to latest bios and if so what is the easiest way for a noob to do it.

Demon Tools.
ROG Connect Plus.
DIP 5.
Asmedia USB.
ITBM Driver.
BIOS 3202.

FANX 🙂
All replies to my posts are really appreciated, thank you 🙂

Overclock results:-

GTX980 @ 1527.5MHz Core/7603MHz Memory
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Donr bother updating BIOS if you are running OK...later BIOS (3xxx) are for broadwell pretty much

Install asmedia usb if you use usb 3 ports....if you use rog connect youll need that...but if you dont then you dont....same with the rest...nothing essential there...if you are running fine and the PC is doing what you need it to forget the rest

Goucho
Level 8
thanx .... will use the usb3 thing. what is rog connect?

in fact what do each of the listed things do??? <---- knowledge is everything lol

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Daemon tools is like virtual dvdrom drive....for mounting iso files disc images..etc.

Demon tools might be similar but more evil;)

Rog connect is for linking pc bios to laptop for example

Others I'm not sure...for Aisuite maybe? Google will have some of this info:)

Goucho
Level 8
fanx

red454
Level 11
Goucho wrote:
Hey guys i like to keep things up to date.

I am running W10 64bit on a vanilla RVE board with 1701 bios. Also i7 5820k with 32 GB DDR4 Crucial 2133.

What are these for and do i need them? Plus should i upgrade to latest bios and if so what is the easiest way for a noob to do it.

Demon Tools.
ROG Connect Plus.
DIP 5.
Asmedia USB.
ITBM Driver.
BIOS 3202.

FANX 🙂

What Arne said about the BIOS - run with what you have if there are no issues. But I usually take the risk and use the latest BIOS - however not until I let others test it out for a while to see if there are any bugs.

The ROG connect allows you to tweak and monitor certain BIOS / System parameters from a connected laptop. This is really for overclockers - it is fun to play with, and for me it is one of those novelties that gathers dust after the first couple of uses.

DIP 5 is the Dual Intelligent Processors package that is part of the AI Suite software. The latest version works with the ITBM Driver - which is for Broadwell-E processors. So unless you have a new Broadwell-E CPU, neither of these will interest you.
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro