cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog pg348q

Konig
Level 10
Hi everyone

I have bougth this gaming monitor but I have encountered a problem where some games I play are looked at 50HZ (50fps) and some games 60hz (60fps).
All settings seems right I got the monitor OC to 100hz and I set windows display options to 100hz and Nividia control panel to 100hz.

I also wonder why on asus product page it says this monitor is edge to edge and they show a picure of it but I have 2cm black bars on each side and on asus product page they did not have that.

Also Regarding Gsync when you have Gsync on do you need to have Vsync on aswell ? because in Nivida control panel I set Vsync to OFF and I only have Gsync activated.
5 REPLIES 5

cljustin
Level 8
If you are getting black borders, it's mostly because you need to change your scaling via the NVIDIA control panel

Well, 2mm is not very thick and for 2, would be 4mm..... gotta have some kind of frame I would think. I run mine without vsync and have gsync enabled.... I get 100 FPS in most games, Doom, Division and Witcher 3... I get 76fps in World of Warships but I am told the game is CPU dependent and does not utilize SLI either.
I have a question for you, I does your red light in the bottom fade in and out when the monitor is on standby? I could have sworn it did but mine doesn't..... I had a PG279q as well trying to decide which I liked best and believe that faded in and out.....

Konig
Level 10
no the LED have 5 lvls of brigthness it has no ligth effect of fade or flashing.

I dont mean i can't run 100fps i mean that some games are Locked to 50fps or 60fps for some reasone and i know i sould run them 100fps cuz i have done that before i have tried using the boost buton on the monitor to manaly force 100fps mode does not work stays at 50fps or 60fps for some games, and GTA V runs 100fps at 3440x1440 at ultra so i dont get why company of heroes 1 runs 50fps and counter strike global is stuck at 50fps.

And for the monitor frame i was point out that the site says edge to edge display with a product photo showing it to be edge to edge with absolute no borders and everyother site also showing this but comparing this to the screenshot of my monitor you have a small border around my point was i was wondering if this is correct and only the product pic being missleading or if there is some mode to activate to get the monitor to fill out to the edge. sorry if i sound stupid but im just curious.

Konig wrote:
no the LED have 5 lvls of brigthness it has no ligth effect of fade or flashing.

I dont mean i can't run 100fps i mean that some games are Locked to 50fps or 60fps for some reasone and i know i sould run them 100fps cuz i have done that before i have tried using the boost buton on the monitor to manaly force 100fps mode does not work stays at 50fps or 60fps for some games, and GTA V runs 100fps at 3440x1440 at ultra so i dont get why company of heroes 1 runs 50fps and counter strike global is stuck at 50fps.

And for the monitor frame i was point out that the site says edge to edge display with a product photo showing it to be edge to edge with absolute no borders and everyother site also showing this but comparing this to the screenshot of my monitor you have a small border around my point was i was wondering if this is correct and only the product pic being missleading or if there is some mode to activate to get the monitor to fill out to the edge. sorry if i sound stupid but im just curious.

Mine is the same way: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcdvCRdnj4YSHo0TXBKdkF3aUE/view

It is not an "overscan" issue, it is clearly a non-display area. If you do a google image search for PG348q, you will see that all the in-use images have this border.

This directly contradict's Asus's "edge to edge" claim as well as makes their images on the page demonstrating "seamless" multi-display use completely misleading:https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/websites/global/products/5c59dxjXrRn...

Is this not an official Asus site? Why hasn't Asus responded to this issue? Why lie about the capability of an otherwise high end monitor?

Hello guys,

i tried it few times to get an answer about edge to edge.
Finally i got an official answer from the german support that edge to edge is not possible. That it is no mistake and unfortunately quite normal to have a 1cm black bar on each side, with 2 screens even 2cm.....

That is no edge to edge for me....!!! I am really disappointed.

Best wishes