cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS screen defect?

Origlo
Level 7
Hi, i've bought my GL502VS two weeks ago, and two days ago i've noticed that both upper corners of my screen (left one being much more noticeable) are having this weird yelloish color when the screen is dark. (Lit, but dark.) The screen did not get hit by any way, I havent even taken it outside the house yet.
I'll add some photos, but it actually looks worse in those photos for some reason. (only the upper left corners are yellow)
attachment.php

Is this something I should get the computer replaced over? It's bothering me, I'm just not sure if it's normal or not, or if they will replace it because of it.
7 REPLIES 7

ripwind
Level 7
Mine is similar. It's backlight bleed, or at least that's what I was assuming. Definitely more noticeable with a black background.

ripwind wrote:
Mine is similar. It's backlight bleed, or at least that's what I was assuming. Definitely more noticeable with a black background.

Thanks for the reply.

Thing is, is this just how this this laptop monitor is and I have to live with it, or is it defective and I should RMA it for a new one?

By exchanging it you may find one that has better light bleed. It really is a crapshoot with how laptops are assembled these days, it seems. When I get home I'll get a picture of mine so it can be compared.

Here's an example of my screen. It's more noticeable in this picture than it is in person.

I replaced my first unit because the left click mouse button was getting stuck. That screen was pretty flawless. My replacement has the bleed that you're seeing in the top corners. I'm also replacing this one.

I had an heavy backlight bleed in the lower left corner and solved it with this method:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDepbvHJIE

marcochieppa wrote:
I had an heavy backlight bleed in the lower left corner and solved it with this method:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDepbvHJIE

I've RMA'ed the laptop last week, instead of replacing it they tried to replace the screen. Well, not only did they not fix the bleed, now I have a bright spot on my screen that wont fade.
I'm trying to get them to replace the entire laptop, the quallity control of this product is absurd.