cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750JM - Problem with GTX 860M -> PC1 Express controller problem?

Orims
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I've had my ROG G750JM for about 2 and a half years now and it has never given me any problems until recently. About two weeks ago I noticed that both of my fans behind my screen were really loud and working at what seems to be at full. Additionally, I have not been able to use my GPU (GTX 860M) since that date and basically has made gaming impossible.

Looking online I tried to fix this problem myself and have done everything among the following:

• Installed DDU to clean my Nvidia drivers and re-install them again, nothing
  • Re-installed Windows 10. This fixed the fan noise for one re-boot session and then they were loud again.
  • Tried to re-install and remove drivers from device manage, nothing.

Digging some more I came to realize that my Nvidia GPU wasn't even being recognized any more and that I saw the following error on my PCI controller:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

An ACPI Power Object failed to transition state"

If anyone could help me out? I have been trying for almost a month now to fix this! I know my GPU is fine since sometimes when I update my PCI driver it detects it and can even load games for 10-20 minutes before the PCI controller fails. At most, if anyone has any ideas or solutions to make my fans be silent, I'd greatly appreciate that, along with my co-workers (I also use this laptop for work).

Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8

Clintlgm
Level 14
What are your temps running Both CPU and GPU?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
What are your temps running Both CPU and GPU?

Both hover between 36-42 C.

Julskey
Level 10

Julskey wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87285-Bricked-880M-on-Asus-Rog-G750JZ-please-help

May or may not be applicable to you?

Thanks for the tip but I don't think I have bricked my GPU because sometimes it is recognized when I turn off my computer but it simply says drivers couldn't start, other times it appears under 3D Video Controller devices and says I need to install new drivers. Most of the time I can't see it and I get a PC1 error as I showed.

Julskey
Level 10
Have you overheated your GPU sometime before? If the problem is intermittent (probably intermittent disconnection of GPU), it would likely be a hardware issue considering you already reinstalled windows and drivers.

Julskey wrote:
Have you overheated your GPU sometime before? If the problem is intermittent (probably intermittent disconnection of GPU), it would likely be a hardware issue considering you already reinstalled windows and drivers.

I don't think so. I was using my computer without any issue or temperature increase and one day it just stopped working. I believe it was preceded by a Windows 10 update.

Anyone else got any suggestions? It seems other people have had similar problems before.

navis995
Level 11
I have the same problem.

Anyone managed to get it fixed?
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD