cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Code Error 55

4r4v4n
Level 7
I just purchased the Maximus IX Code and installed an Intel i5-7600K cpu and a package of CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMK32GX4M2B3200C16. When I press the Start button on the motherboard it gives me Error 55 for not detecting any memory and does not display the BIOS on ASUS Predator 34in monitor hooked via HDMI. I have confirmed that I installed the RAM in slots A2 and B2 and even tried them in A1 and B1 and 1 stick in A2. All fired the 55 code. I removed the CPU and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and reinstalled it as well. The GPU is not installed or hard drive or OS. This is my first time building my own PC so I'd really appreciate any help on this.
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Try only one module at a time in slot B2 (make sure the module clicks into the slot on both sides). See if the board will POST. If not, use USB BIOS flashback to update to the latest UEFI build and try again.

Chino wrote:
Can you list your complete system specifications?

What other specs do you need for debug code 55?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hey Everyone. Following Raja's advice I was put one stick in the B2 slot and was able to get the system to post. After that, I was able to enable XMP. After that, it worked having a stick in A2 and B2, recognizing the correct total and at the correct voltage. The stock voltage of 1.2 differed from the RAM voltage of 1.34 so I'm wondering if that was causing some funky things to happen. Thanks again.

Raja
Level 13
Cool. Glad it is working now.