cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q - Power supply not waking from sleep - Advice for a higher quality PSU

pZombie
Level 7
I bought the PG278Q monitor about 2 years ago. Ordered it from an online shop in Germany to be delivered to Greece. The monitor wasn't available in Greece at the time at all.

Recently, i noticed when my Computer was in sleep mode for a long time, the Monitor would at times stop waking up, requiring to power the PC on and off a few times until it responded.

This behavior got worse, to the point where it would never wake up from long sleep anymore. The only way to get it to wake up, would be to pull the power cord and wait for about 5 seconds, then re-plug it.

I then called the greek ASUS support and asked them to supply me with a replacement which i was willing to pay for, because i could not find the purchase receipt anymore.
In spite of me wanting to pay for it, they refused to send me a PSU without going through a long process which turned out of be a grand waste of time.

I was told to make a photo of the monitor's serial number and send it to the support, which i did.

After a few days, i got a reply email, asking me to send in the purchase receipt, which i already told them i don't have.
So i decided to try my luck with the German e-shop, asking them to send me the receipt via email. They responded quickly within a day and sent me the receipt in pdf form, which i then sent to ASUS greece.

I waited a few days, with no response, so i called them on the phone. Telling me, that in spite of me sending them the purchase receipt, and the monitor having warranty until august 2017 still, i would most likely have to pay for the PSU replacement, because i purchased it in Germany and even though Greece is in the EU, it does not matter.
So i agreed on it, but asked to be told the cost of the PSU before it would be sent.
I was then told that i would be notified within the day of the cost and could decide then.

It has been over a week now, and no notification and so i have had enough with wasting my time and being treated like an idiot.

Currently i am looking for a replacement PSU but i cannot figure out which one would be equivalent or even of better quality without losing any of the functionality of the original like going into power safe mode for example.

I was oogling the coolermaster masterwatt 90w MPX-0901-M19YB PSU. It's supposed to be universal with different tips you can change. Would that one work for my monitor?
Any other suggestions for a possibly higher quality PSU than the original which seems to display the problem i described quite often after 1-2 years of use, going by several forum threads and reviews i read?

thanks in advance

edit: I made a photo of the original https://imgroll.net/images/2017/03/06/ASUS.md.jpg

Did a search for ADP-90YD-B but unfortunately there seem to be different models having this code. So i am not even sure how to look for the original or some higher quality equivalent. Some searches claiming to be the original PSU for the PG278Q turned out to be only 65w, yet this PSU is 90w.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill
Level 7
Hello pZombie
Thank you for your inquiry, Is it possible that you can send your monitor serial number and tracking number from Asus Greece (If there's any) to me?
I'll report this to related personnel and help look into this matter, thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello pZombie
Thank you for your inquiry, Is it possible that you can send your monitor serial number and tracking number from Asus Greece (If there's any) to me?
I'll report this to related personnel and help look into this matter, thank you

Straight from the streets to a Service rep. Do what this man says, hes got a fallout logo.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

This issue has been resolved thanks to Bill@ASUS.

I will be sent a new PSU.

Love you long time Bill@ASUS ❤️

Faith in ASUSmanity restored!

Bill
Level 7
Hello pZombie
Glad to help 🙂 I hope the new PSU will solve your issue
Thanks