cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate... Micro-stutter, Jittery/ Choppy movement in game with mouse. Motherboard?

Wooohah
Level 7
I'm really frustrated, new build and I keep running into problems. I'm suspecting there's some problems with my motherboard, so that's gonna get swapped soon.

But here's my issue. When playing games I seem to get rather noticeable stutter/ jitter. If I move around with my keyboard (running forward/ side to side) it'll be rather smooth.
However if I use my mouse and I pan from side to side, or especially when I'm running forward and move from side to side, It will be rather stuttery and jittery. Like microstutter.
Movement should be smooth, but for me its like a tick-tick-tick-tick-tick.

I'm using a ASUS Pg279Q which has Gsync with an EVGA 1080 FTW. I can get anywhere from 95-144 FPS in games, even if the frame rates are constant and I'm not experiencing any FPS drops/ CPU spikes I'll still get stutter.
I upgraded from a 1070 FTW and a 1080P 60hz monitor, I believe with Vsync off I experienced noticeable stutter there as well.

I was wondering why after I got my Gsync monitor that I wasn't really noticing much of a difference between 60hz and 100-144hz.
Its strange that if I use my 1080P 60hz monitor and turn on Vsync, the stuttering is significantly less noticeable, arguably in BF1 it's simply not even there.

I've tested this in BF1, BF4, Battlefront and Rainbow Six. Seems like Rainbow 6 stutters the most, followed by BF4 and BF1. Battlefront gets no stuttering.
Coincidentally, Rainbow 6 is the least graphically intensive, followed by BF4 and BF1.
I can maintain 144 FPS in BF4 and Rainbow 6, yet I still get stuttering.

Things I've tried:
-Made sure Windows mouse speed was set to default (5)
-Tried changing refresh to 60hz on pg279q and turning off Gsync and using Vsync
-Tried turning off Gsync and Vsync and capping FPS
-Tried a different mouse (Using Logitech G402, went to G502)
-Made sure logitech drivers were installed
-Tried changing polling rate/ DPI

Video: (Apologize for potato quality, if you look specifically at the gun, you will notice it stuttering and being choppy when it should be smooth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUD_opuWGbE

Thank you in advance to anyone who might have any insight or can help me in any way!

Specs:
i7 6700k (no OC) w/ Corsair H55
EVGA 1080 FTW
ASUS Z170 Pro
Gskill TridentZ 3200mhz 16GB
EVGA 750W G2
Samsung 850 EVO SSD (250GB)
2 REPLIES 2

Groo87
Level 7
I have a very similar issue. Have you found any relief?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i will assume that your are using the last nvidia drivers. some people has report issues like these. and one of our guys from tweaktown espanol report that the last update sucks on BT1. I can report that when i use vsync on clocks cut in half unless fastsync is activated. and crash games sometimes. did you try to roll back to the one before the current nvidia drivers?
Learn, Play Enjoy!