cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Asus boards and have some questions.

VengeanceWithin
Level 7
New to the forums and ASUS boards and just have a few questioins.

1: I can't seem to get my memory to run at its XMP setting. Is there a certain voltage I should adjust to get it to the 2666Mhz? Setting it to XMP in the BIOS just causes it to black screen and then shuts down. Until I reset it then it will say "Overclock failed" and force me back to the BIOS. It runs fine at 2400MHz though. Memory should be fine as it ran at its XMP settings on my last board without issue.

2: What's the best BIOS version to use. Seems some have better luck than others on certain versions.

3: Boot time seems rather slow for being an M.2 drive. I realize there's a lot to check on this board but it still seems rather slow. I did install using UEFI mode and in the BIOS it is set to Windows Boot Loader or something like that. I disabled the devices I am not using lie the WiFi and Bluetooth are my expectations just unrealistic? How long should it take.

Thanks for the help
Daniel

Motherboard model: Rampage V Edition 10

UEFI Version: 0901

CPU: 5930K

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: CMK32GX4M4A2666C16 32GB

GPU: eVGA GTX-980

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 960 Evo

PSU: eVGA 1000w P2

USB Devices (model/version number):

Monitor: BenQ GW2765

CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i

PC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Windows 10 Pro/YES

Drivers Installed (include version):

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed:

System Overclocked (provide details)? Yes

multiplier: 45
memory: 2400 16-18-18-35
vcore: 1.250

Issue
5 REPLIES 5

JuSiZ1
Level 10
Increase systemagentvoltage to get memory stable.

I allways use latest bios.

JuSiZ1 wrote:
Increase systemagentvoltage to get memory stable.

I allways use latest bios.

thanks for the reply. If I remember right system agent is adjusted with an offset. What's a good offset to adjust it to? I think it was at .892v with it set to Auto. What's considered safe? Should I add .200 to make it close to 1.1v?

Thanks again. *

VengeanceWithin wrote:
thanks for the reply. If I remember right system agent is adjusted with an offset. What's a good offset to adjust it to? I think it was at .892v with it set to Auto. What's considered safe? Should I add .200 to make it close to 1.1v?

Thanks again. *

Use smaller increments as the SA voltage is very sensitive to changes.

erixx11
Level 11
if your RAM is in the mobo approved list you should not need to play with voltage.

Boot times are slow oh yes, but as @raja likes to say, use suspend overnight 😉

erixx11 wrote:
if your RAM is in the mobo approved list you should not need to play with voltage.

Boot times are slow oh yes, but as @raja likes to say, use suspend overnight 😉

The motherboard QVL ensures nothing of the sort. For one, the VCCSA voltage is dependent on a number of factors, including the CPU sample in question, density and frequency of the memory kit. This might need to be adjusted from Auto in order to dial out memory training issues

You can try between 0.900 - 1.15v
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090