cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I press start button starts for 1 or 2 seconds then turns off &then boots normal

Romanos2314
Level 7
As I say to the title my PC many times when I press start button boots for one or two seconds then shuts off and then boots normally. Like i make O.C. and shuts off and then boots up.
I turn on X.M.P because and i disable EPU power saving mode as Asus says "for all Overclock disable this option" and I'm overclocking a little my RAM " i'm noob i don't know it I raise the frequency at RAM form 2.133GHz to 2.400GHz it is overclocking but i think i fix this issue turning on X.M.P 2.0 and disabling EPU power saving mode" , because I think it was a memory problem but this situration still exists.
I always have my cores "specific core" core 1 core @3.8GHz and the other 5 cores @3.6Ghz.
When I press F7 I always have selected the ASUS optimal.
My memory always i have it @2.4GHz.
So the changes i make to fix it is two first I open XMP 2.0. and second I disable EPU power saving mode.
Its true the situration is better like before i turn on X.M.P 2.0 and i have my RAM @ 2.400GHz and disabling EPU power saving mode.
I think as i know X.M.P. 2.0 is fixing the voltage and all the other values if you don't know how to do it manually or you don't want to do it manually. Am i right?
But as i say the problem is still here even more rarely.
Is this a problem? And if it is problem it is major ?

My full system spects:
MOBO: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME \ 3.1
CPU: I7 6800K @3.4GHz (Clocked for daily use @4.0GHz)
GPU: MSI 1080 GAMING X
GPU 2: MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 DEDICATED TO PhysX
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz
BOOTABLE DISK: OCZ RD 400 M2
STORAGE DISK 1: OCZ ARC 100 120GB + OCZ ARC 100 120GB @ RAID 0
STORAGE DISK 2: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 2TB
STORAGE DISK 3: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 2TB
STORAGE DISK 4 : WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1TB
EXTERNAL STORAGE DISK 1: MY BOOK USB 3.0 2TB
EXTERNAL STORAGE DISK 2: MY BOOK USB 3.0 2TB
PSU: CORSAIR HX 1200i
CPU COOLING: CORSAIR H100i V2
UPS: POWERWALKER VI 2000VA\1200W LCD LINE INTERACTIVE
MONITOR: SMSUNG SYNCMASTER 23’
TV MIRRORING FOR GAMES & MOVIES: LG PK 350 50’
KEYBOARD: COOLERMASTER TRIGGER –Z + COOLERMASTER DEVASTATOR II
MOUSE: CORSAIR M65 BLACK RGB + CORSAIR M65 MILITARY GREEN
SPEAKERS: LOGITECH Z506 5.1 SPEAKERS + FOR STEREO VERY LOUD SOUND AN OLD HI-FI BY SONY
SOUND CARD SOUND BLASTER Z ( out of the PC Shares Bandwidth with M2 Slot)
HEADSHET: SOUND BLASTER TACTIC 3D RAGE 3D (WIRELESS USB VERSION)
CASE: CORSAIR GRAPHITE 780T FULL TOWER
TOWER COOLING: 5 X COOLERMASTER JET FLO 120
JOYPADS: X-BOX ONE ELITE + X-BOX ONE STOCK + X-BOX 360 WIRELESS X1

One other who i must tell you is my CPU is don't gives me the results who is writen at sites like Anandtech e.g. there at Cinebench 10 is writen single thread result 7400+ i have allmost the same 7200 to 7300 but at multicore result is writen 40000+ and i have 38000+ my result, at Cinebench 15 multicore is writen 1132 and my result starts when i buy the CPU from 1098 one time, but the stantard was 1082 who i take everytime and now after 4 months and many games and programs who i install and the new BIOS from 3501 to 3504 version i have result 1075.
The new bios is the only ASUS bios for this mobo who says Improve System Performance I don't see it at my pc but the opposite. All the others say improve stability. I flash again the old BIOS but the results stays at lower than before so I flash again and now i have the new BIOS. Besides Asus Rampage V Extreme\3.1,my motherboard has extra pins for better performance, I don't see that in action...
That is weird and i don't know why is happening, I ask the retail shop and the answer was "this is results of a bench table not a PC full of programs" I agree.... but my previous CPU I7 950 @ 3.06 it performs as the anandtech says even with programs the first two years eg if i remember well it performs at cinebench 10 18000+ and i have the same result for the first two years because O.C. who I make is lowered the CPU power and it was normal after years.
In windows i don't use the max power power plan but the balance with some changes like the PCI , the HDD and some others just to keep my cores at low voltage when idling because at max power plan they always all cores stuck in the maximum voltage even if i change the processors use at this plan.

P.S. When i make benchmarks i always use the maximum power plan

Thanks In Advance For your help and support !
Romanos
MOBO: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME \ 3.1,CPU: I7 6800K @3.4GHz , GPU: MSI 1080 GAMING X, GPU 2: MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 DEDICATED TO PhysX ,RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz
BOOTABLE DISK: OCZ RD 400 M2 128GB, STORAGE DISKS: OCZ ARC 100 120GB + OCZ ARC 100 120GB @ RAID 0 + WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 2TB X2 + WESTERN DIDITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1TB X1, PSU: CORSAIR HX 1200i ,CPU COOLING: CORSAIR H100i V2, CASE: CORSAIR GRAPHITE 780T O.S. WINDOWS 10 1607
0 REPLIES 0