cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix H270F memory frequency

Terepin
Level 8
What's the point of this setting when anything above 2133 MHz causes boot failure?

Also, what's the point of having XMP support on chipset that doesn't support any kind of overclocking whatsoever?
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
The Strix H270F Gaming supports up to 2400MHz. So there is XMP support for 2400MHz memory kits.

4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2400MHz memory frequency is only supported by 7th Generation Intel® processors. Higher memory modules will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2400MHz.
** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MHz.

Terepin
Level 8
I know that. My point is that despite this limitation it still has option to manually set frequency over 4000 MHz, which doesn't make any sense.

Terepin wrote:
I know that. My point is that despite this limitation it still has option to manually set frequency over 4000 MHz, which doesn't make any sense.

Before , the behavior was while the BCLK breakthrough 100 or more non k processor can overclock
memory frequency and clock frequency, but after that Intel has locked all:(

Terepin
Level 8
So why not remove that option? It's misleading at best.

I'm using this memory Kit "F4-2400C15D-16GTZR" And I need xmp profile! it works fine for me