cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Overheat Issue

corasnfs
Level 7
I started to have overheat issues with my G752VS (i7 6820HK and GTX 1070). The highest I saw was 98C (Average is 91C) for CPU and 89 for GPU.

These are the thing I did to handle it:

Uninstall ROG Gaming Center
Install XTU
Apply -100mV undervolting

The max for CPU is 92C and the average is 80C now. I am not comfortable having the CPU on 1.1v since it feels like I am trying to stop it from running at max. But 98C temperature freaked me out, and this happens even in v1.2. So I don't know if the cooling went wrong or is it the voltage.

If you help me I would be very glad 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

BoutTime01
Level 7
I undervolt my G752VT CPU by 125mV as I was getting 98 deg C for my CPU since new. Now it maxes out at around 92 Deg C when gaming. GPU is about 75 Deg C. And although it didn't thermally throttle before the undervolt my 3Dmark score has slightly improved since.
Also whilst I'm sure you have already.....remember to take out the rubber bungs from the fan exhausts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01
Level 7
Oh and my GPU is overclocked using the manual sliders in Gaming Center.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. I did remove the rubbers thanks for the reminder, I thought I made a mistake before by removing them 🙂 (And don't know what they actually do, I guess for packaging reasons)

So undervolting is not a bad thing, and from the get-go this is an issue with G752 so I think I'll continue on undervolting.

I do want to increase the multiplier of all cores to x36 (It's x36 x34 x33 x32 for cores 1-4 respectively on default) but kinda afraid since I didn't do any OC before.