cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to build this

danielvaldivia9
Level 7
What's up everyone I was looking into building a new gaming computer and this is what I have in mind https://pcpartpicker.com/user/danielv305/saved/wKkpgs let me know what you guys think and what I should add or change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
daniel, your posting on an ASUS site so obviously we are going to suggest you purchase an ASUS motherboard and or graphics card, I would say read through these forums and forums of the manufacturers of the products you have listed and compare what kind of support you are going to have after purchase
you will need a power supply with a higher watt rating, 750 watt will be much better, brand is good

Zka17
Level 16
Do you have a budget limit?
Do you have some experience with tweaking the BIOS? - if not, then just wait with the AMD platform...

panzlock
Level 12
Just a couple of things I'd swap if I were you.

EVGA is a great company but I wouldn't go with the SC. Their ACX 3.0 Pascal variants have suffered some issues which actually led to collateral damage to surrounding components including MB's and CPU's. Even recently, following all the implemented rectifications EVGA implemented there have been additional failures as per EVGA forum revelations. If you want to go with EVGA I suggest an iCX card at the very least, or a great alternative would be an ROG Strix 1070 with which I have had good luck both in the quality and performance spectrum's.

I would also change the PSU. As pointed out above, it doesn't hurt to spend a little extra for more wattage, particularly since PSU's are more efficient at 40%-60% load as per reviews. And in this case I would definitely go with the EVGA brand given their fantastic RMA policy. You'd want the 750 P2 or 850 P2. Better quality in the P2 Super Flower builds than the G2 Seasonic alternative. And definitely stay away from the GS model.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

I would spend a little more and get a way better SSD... those Adata ones are not good at all. Spend a little extra and get a Samsung, they have better specs, if you are going to go with an SSD, at least get one that will have the capabilities to perform on all levels.