cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpad driver for G752VS Win 8.1?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Does anyone know of a driver for the touch pad? (G752VS Win 8.1)

I can move, click but Asus Gestures doesn't work.

Can't scroll, no tap right click etc.
22 REPLIES 22

haihane
Level 13
uh, tried throwing the win10 drivers from asus support site at it yet?
which brings another question. why win 8.1 ?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
haihane wrote:
uh, tried throwing the win10 drivers from asus support site at it yet?
which brings another question. why win 8.1 ?

I like 8.1 with classic shell. + better compatibility all round. 10 just takes away control. Breaks my games, installs drivers I do NOT want.. It's like a humourous movie where some guy's always behind you to push you into the figurative fire. "You'll be fine! ;D"

Anyhow, off tangent, I need to find a driver that works to enable Asus Advanced Gestures.

I've tried the site, says something along the lines of installation was interrupted then closes. (I'll post the error soon if it shows, using eSupport setup)

Eleiyas
Level 10
Some games are made for Win10 and are less compatible with Win8.1

What games are you playing?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Some games are made for Win10 and are less compatible with Win8.1

What games are you playing?

I don't understand how that's relevant. I am in hopes of a driver. :c

Excuse my forwardness but it's becoming frustrating, I use the touchpad a LOT and these reboots are getting tiresome to test if any driver works.

I've tried eSupport, seems a lot more is incompatible with Win 8.1 which is depressing. The fires of Win10 draw closer..

.. poor Blue Lady..

Yes Blue lady, probably pony up for Pro upgrade too, then you will have Group Policy Editor where you can prevent driver updates, delay all updates which will give you time to use Show/Hide Updates between gpedit, Pro and show/hide and classic shell, 10 will be better than 8.1, I still have 8.1 on only 1 computer because I'm too lazy to go find windows 10 drivers for it. and My wife doesn't know the difference anyway, all she does is email, photo, card creator, Facebook;

You can look on the window10 forum There is a way to activate gpedit in home edition there is a whole long thread there on it.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Eleiyas
Level 10
I literally just found this and it might be really useful for you:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way...

It might be a bit riskier, but also check out these drivers from another ASUS unit (could work)

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/3/529/0/4/YVF7HRbsK0Xt6t2h/41/

Hmm you haven't read the stickies at the top of the forum?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Lot of URLs broken there but I'll keep trying. I'm sure I tried the ones you linked. Will try again.

Umm how to fix pink BSOD at post? Turn Secure Boot back on? ;x

Darnassus
Status Under Review
... installing your drivers kill my keyboard and for odd reasons make windows hang infinitely at login once PIN is used. VERY weird..