Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: X399 Issues

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I notice from your bug report that you've overclocked the system. Can you confirm the issue occurs at stock speeds? Need to know that before I pass this to the replication teams. Load defaults by pressing F5 in UEFI, then save and exit. That will set everything to stock.
    I turned off all overclocking and had the same error as reported.
    Last edited by vsimone67; 09-26-2017 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Update text

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Thanks for letting me know.

New ROGer Array

A bit late

Even though this topic has been dead for a while I would still like to let you know I have the same exact problem with this switch.

I've tried using Intel X570 10gbit networking and HP530 (bases off of Qlogic) and had similar issues.
    Just switched to a Netgear switch and I'm now testing to see if I'm getting the same error.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MBchristoff View Post
    Even though this topic has been dead for a while I would still like to let you know I have the same exact problem with this switch.

I've tried using Intel X570 10gbit networking and HP530 (bases off of Qlogic) and had similar issues.
    Just switched to a Netgear switch and I'm now testing to see if I'm getting the same error.
    I have been waiting for ASUS to get back to me or a new driver update (crickets). In my testing a bought a cross over cable to eliminate the switch to see if that was the issue, I got the same error with the cross over cable so I think it is either the driver or the x399 platform. I also bought different cables to see if they were causing the issue.

Let me know how your Netgear testing goes.
    Last edited by vsimone67; 01-29-2018 at 01:49 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vsimone67 View Post
    I have been waiting for ASUS to get back to me or a new driver update (crickets). In my testing a bought a cross over cable to eliminate the switch to see if that was the issue, I got the same error with the cross over cable so I think it is either the driver or the x399 platform. I also bought different cables to see if they were causing the issue.

Let me know how your Netgear testing goes.
    I fixed the issue by simply rebooting the switches, the problem started out when I daisychained two together.
    Haven't had the same issue on my gigabit lan.
    The netgear switches should have arrived the day after my post but weren't available untill the 17th so no testing done yet.

I also tried hooking up the host and client with a direct (non cross) cable and have not experienced any problems.

Let's hope ASUS can sort some stuff out for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2