cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of electricity interruption

Tavsalli
Level 7
Hi, I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard. My computer is working stable. But when the power cuts off, the computer is locked in the ASUS logo. Qcode Od, The problem is solved when I restart the computer several times. If the problem is not resolved, I'm resetting Bios. After a bit of trouble, the problem gets out of the way. There is not cold start. After the system is turned on, it is working stably.

Bios Version: 1701
Ram Frequency: 2933 mhz Docp Standart
Processor not overclocked

System İnformation

Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Ryzen 1800 x
Corsair 16 gb 3000 mhz *2 ram
Asus Gtx 1070
Sound Blaster Zx
Corsair Rm1000x
Nzxt Kraken x62
Corsair commander link
Samsung ssd etc.
13 REPLIES 13

syldon
Level 9
Tavsalli wrote:
Hi, I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard. My computer is working stable. But when the power cuts off, the computer is locked in the ASUS logo. Qcode Od, The problem is solved when I restart the computer several times. If the problem is not resolved, I'm resetting Bios. After a bit of trouble, the problem gets out of the way. There is not cold start. After the system is turned on, it is working stably.

Bios Version: 1701
Ram Frequency: 2933 mhz Docp Standart
Processor not overclocked

System İnformation

Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Ryzen 1800 x
Corsair 16 gb 3000 mhz *2 ram
Asus Gtx 1070
Sound Blaster Zx
Corsair Rm1000x
Nzxt Kraken x62
Corsair commander link
Samsung ssd etc.

Bios 1701 has one of the power states increased by 0.05v. This is causing issues with many people. I would move to revision 1602. I found 1701 totally unstable for me. I am also using a 1800x.

Korth
Level 14
If sudden power interruptions are a recurring problem then you need a backup/battery UPS system.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

JustinThyme
Level 13
+1 on Korths advice.
And seeing how Im an engineer for the worlds leading UPS, critical power and power distributon company you will help put my kids through college. For your PC a 1000va minimum is recommended. BUY APC!!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I really admire the solution here.

- The sound outputs are very noisy. Solution: Buy a new sound card.

- The system gives 0D error when booting. Solution: Buy a new UPS.

Then how about we do that? We buy a new motherboard ?!

Mete Gokturk wrote:
I really admire the solution here.

- The sound outputs are very noisy. Solution: Buy a new sound card.

- The system gives 0D error when booting. Solution: Buy a new UPS.

Then how about we do that? We buy a new motherboard ?!

Did you read the OP? He is taking utility hits and most likely the cause of his problems. If it keeps up it will result in hardware failure.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Korth
Level 14
"Problem of electricity interruption" is not a motherboard issue, lol.

Sudden power failure, hard shutdown on motherboard, Q-Code 0D halt (important volatile state data electrically scrambled somewhere in RAM, CPU, PCH or chipset, PCIe or VGA device, or runtime firmware) which persists for several reset attempts before it successfully reboots.

Not good for these components but not terribly harmful unless it recurs frequently. It does gradually but permanently harm NVRAM - SSD performance, capacity, reliability, and longevity are reduced a little each time it happens. It causes permanent loss of data, which might be trivial or might be precious. It makes Windows unhappy and can cause OS instability. It wastes time.

The proper solution is a UPS. It's not about buying another piece of hardware to workaround a bad system, it's about buying a piece of hardware "missing" from an otherwise working system. Not a luxury but a necessity if you use your computer somewhere with unreliable electrical service.

If nothing else, a decent UPS pays for itself by costing less than the SSD drive(s) you'd otherwise need to replace over the next few years.

Whatever you do, it's prudent to make full backup images of your system. And extract your Windows Product Key, write it down somewhere safe, before the operating system breaks and you need it.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
"Problem of electricity interruption" is not a motherboard issue, lol.

Sudden power failure, hard shutdown on motherboard, Q-Code 0D halt (important volatile state data electrically scrambled somewhere in RAM, CPU, PCH or chipset, PCIe or VGA device, or runtime firmware) which persists for several reset attempts before it successfully reboots.

Not good for these components but not terribly harmful unless it recurs frequently. It does gradually but permanently harm NVRAM - SSD performance, capacity, reliability, and longevity are reduced a little each time it happens. It causes permanent loss of data, which might be trivial or might be precious. It makes Windows unhappy and can cause OS instability. It wastes time.

The proper solution is a UPS. It's not about buying another piece of hardware to workaround a bad system, it's about buying a piece of hardware "missing" from an otherwise working system. Not a luxury but a necessity if you use your computer somewhere with unreliable electrical service.

If nothing else, a decent UPS pays for itself by costing less than the SSD drive(s) you'd otherwise need to replace over the next few years.

Whatever you do, it's prudent to make full backup images of your system. And extract your Windows Product Key, write it down somewhere safe, before the operating system breaks and you need it.

+ one to that. I got a UPS when I got my system. Its saved me a couple of times, due to fuses going in our house and the like.

lightknightrr
Level 8
+1 Seriously. I'm slowly moving even non-essential systems (like the LCD monitors, and speaker systems...portable telephones...laser printer is too far for for now) to UPSs. I like it when my monitor doesn't flicker, or go out for 5 seconds occasionally, and I'm sure my electronics appreciate that as well.

lightknightrr wrote:
+1 Seriously. I'm slowly moving even non-essential systems (like the LCD monitors, and speaker systems...portable telephones...laser printer is too far for for now) to UPSs. I like it when my monitor doesn't flicker, or go out for 5 seconds occasionally, and I'm sure my electronics appreciate that as well.

You dont want a Laser printer on a UPS anyhow unless the UPS is WAY over rated.

Perk of being in the business I have 2 5kVA UPS systems and a generator that runs on natural gas.