CPU: INTEL 6700K
GPU: 2 X RX VEGA 64
RAM: 4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3000MHZ
SSDS: 2 X Corsair Force LS
CASE: Corsair Carbide Air 240

-

It performs really bad graphics wise and I dont know what to do anymore 😞
This is my Firestrike score: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/22739567

I hope anyone can help me, this is a nightmare!
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Ruinz

I see at the top of the score page it says graphics driver is not approved, not sure what's going on there but could be why your score is off.

jab383
Level 13
Futuremark has had manufacturers, usually of handheld mobile equipment, cheat by programming their video to recognize a 3dMark test and run it in an unusually optimized way. As a result they now check drivers to be sure that their tests are run in the same way as normal operation. With Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, "Not approved" almost always means the driver is so new that Futuremark hasn't got around to checking it yet. For Vega, I suspect a new driver is the case and it will be approved in a week or two.

Ruinz, that's quite a rig and heavy on the graphics. According to the details on the Futuremark page, you are using stock speed and turbo with the 6700K, XMP DRAM, and stock speeds with the Vega cards. Good choices for a new build -- overclock it later. Reported CPU and DRAM speeds are as expected. GPU core clock looks good, but I haven't seen a Firestrike run with a graphics memory bus clock that low. Maybe it's the right speed for VEGA and AMD's newer memories, but check it out. What tool - hardware or software - are you using to adjust graphics board clocks and/or voltages?

Another suggestion is to use GPU-Z to check that the PCIe bus is at PCIe-3 and using the right number of lanes during the run. A two-card graphic rig and 6700K should use 8 lanes to each card. AMD crossfire uses that bus for communication between boards as well as from CPU to graphics.

Korth
Level 14
mATX form factor with a pair of huge (11") GPU cards.

That Fire Strike score might be inaccurate if the benchmark software itself hasn't yet been updated/calibrated with performance metrics for RX Vega 64 GPUs.

And it could be AMD driver issues. Or CrossFireX issues. (And Fire Strike has always favoured NVIDIA/SLI cards with higher scores.)

A more useful measure would be actual fps performance in games, not synthetic benchmark scores.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

haihane
Level 13
out of curiosity, i went and redownloaded 3dmark and ran it on my potato AMD.

his: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/22739567
with AMD Radeon RX Vega 64(2x) and Intel Core i7-6700K

mine: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/22755739
with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970(1x) and AMD FX-8350 (pretty potato if compared to ROG Enthusiasts in here).

then i opened both OP's and my score side by side, and this is what i found:
his i7 kicked my FX (no surprises there). but his 2x (two cards?) RX vega scored just a tiny bit higher than this GTX 970 (weird!) go and see for yourself with links to both system up there in this post.

(hint: expand the detailed scores to see what i mean)

two times RX vega 64 cannot be that weak. something is fishy here.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.