cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Formula

pamarakos
Level 7
Hi all
I guess nobody has this mb in their hands yet.
So question can only answered by an asus rep.
Maximus x formula is said to have only one front usb 2.0 header and one usb 3.0 (ok and one 3.1 gen2:) )
In photos that show previews of it and asus gallery show 2 usb 2.0 header in the bottom part between the 10000 rgb headers.
So is there two usb 2.0 headers or what is the second header that looks like it? Manual doesn't even talk about the 2nd header at all.
Please don't start with internal header splitters and so on, I m just asking a question:)
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
pamarakos wrote:
Hi all
I guess nobody has this mb in their hands yet.
So question can only answered by an asus rep.
Maximus x formula is said to have only one front usb 2.0 header and one usb 3.0 (ok and one 3.1 gen2:) )
In photos that show previews of it and asus gallery show 2 usb 2.0 header in the bottom part between the 10000 rgb headers.
So is there two usb 2.0 headers or what is the second header that looks like it? Manual doesn't even talk about the 2nd header at all.
Please don't start with internal header splitters and so on, I m just asking a question:)
Thanks

Check the pinout. Previous versions have a service port where it looks like a USB 2.0 at first glance but when you look again the missing pin in the lineup is not in the same place.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Check the pinout. Previous versions have a service port where it looks like a USB 2.0 at first glance but when you look again the missing pin in the lineup is not in the same place.

Yes, this was rog-ext header, I have my formula viii in front of me. It seems that rog-ext is not there any more, at least is not written anywhere. So is it a 2nd usb 2.0?

Nate152
Hi pamarakos

Looking at the specs of the Maximus X Formula i see.....

1 - usb 3.1 Gen 1 header
1 - usb 3.1 Gen 2 header
1 - usb 2.0 header

I don't see an ROG_EXT header listed so it looks like you get only one usb 2.0 header.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi pamarakos

Looking at the specs of the Maximus X Formula i see.....

1 - usb 3.1 Gen 1 header
1 - usb 3.1 Gen 2 header
1 - usb 2.0 header

I don't see an ROG_EXT header listed so it looks like you get only one usb 2.0 header.

usb 3.1 gen1 and gen2 are both at the middle on the right side

Can you please tell me what are the two headers circled in red at the bottom? No mention for both in the manual!
I know one is the usb1314, so it's the usb 2.0 header, the other one (left) in the plastic "surrounding" is?

Thanks

Nate152
The first one to the left of the slow mode switch is the usb 2.0 header.

The one beside the usb 2.0 header looks to be a service port as Justin mentions as it's not marked.

Nate152 wrote:
The first one to the left of the slow mode switch is the usb 2.0 header.

The one beside the usb 2.0 header looks to be a service port as Justin mentions as it's not marked.

I'll wait for the first users to buy and then I'll get to the bottom of it:) Exactly the same was going on with Maximus VIII.
Thanks for your response, time will show:)

guys.. you can check the manual .. -> https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Manual/ 😉

USB
Intel ® Z370 Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports ( 4 ports at back panel [blue], 2 ports at
mid-board [grey])
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports ( 4 ports at back panel [black], 2 ports at mid-
board [black])
ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (1 Type-A [red] and 1 Type-C [black] at
back panel)

markussimo wrote:
guys.. you can check the manual .. -> https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Manual/ 😉

So it's two:)