Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhan View Post
    Oh, finally got your attention? Good.

Do you know what people here wants to hear? "YES, WE ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUES INVOLVING MCE AND STOCK SETTINGS, AND WE'RE WORKING ON A FIX FOR THEM THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE".

Instead we get temporary solutions that doesn't solve the core problem, and silence. Or are you telling me that you inter-communication is so poor that you can't even report these issues to your higher-ups?

What I'm surprised is that there isn't even MORE conflict.
    You've already contacted service. Any more posts spamming the forum repeatedly to make things personal will be removed. You have been warned.

On a vacation Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    You've already contacted service. Any more posts spamming the forum repeatedly to make things personal will be removed. You have been warned.
    So, just because of that (besides, I hadn't got any reply from them in more than a week), you feel like you can clean your hands from it, right? No explanation whatsoever. Not bothering to tell us anything about the matter, and not even if you've reported it or not (or if you even can).

You're useless. Ban me if you want, like if it affects me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhan View Post

You're useless. Ban me if you want, like if it affects me in the slightest.
    Take some time away from the forum, to cool down.

ROG Member Array

Set svid behaviour to best case and disable mce if you want pure stock.
    Hi again,

OK I tried this, I had to disable MCE manually rather than rely on clicking the no button as it reverts back to "Auto". I have everything set as default, XMP off (and on on the second test) best case setting on, CPU-z reports 1.34 - 1.37 volts and speeds are still reaching 4.7. Both speeds and vcore are fluctuating. On idle temps are still reaching high 60s low 70s. I'm using Hardware monitor to monitor temps. It seems to me those settings aren't actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff253 View Post
    Hi again,

OK I tried this, I had to disable MCE manually rather than rely on clicking the no button as it reverts back to "Auto". I have everything set as default, XMP off (and on on the second test) best case setting on, CPU-z reports 1.34 - 1.37 volts and speeds are still reaching 4.7. Both speeds and vcore are fluctuating. On idle temps are still reaching high 60s low 70s. I'm using Hardware monitor to monitor temps. It seems to me those settings aren't actually doing anything.

Try this:

Load defaults
    Disable mce
    Set the ia a.c. and ia dc load line settings within the internal cpu power management menu to 0.01

ROG Member Array

Try this:

Load defaults
    Disable mce
    Set the ia a.c. and ia dc load line settings within the internal cpu power management menu to 0.01

Leave SVID as is or best case? I'll try again and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff253 View Post
    Leave SVID as is or best case? I'll try again and let you know.
    Can leave svid on auto.

ROG Member Array

Can leave svid on auto.
    Load defaults
    Disable mce

Hi Raja,

With these settings I'm now peaking at 1.296v Vcore yet the core speed still manages to hit 4.7 on idle. Although I don't have a problem with this, I was expecting it to be intels spec at 4.3. Is this expected? Temperatures are much better, obviously.

Also what does i.a DC /AC do in terms of function and performance? For gaming, is this the ideal settings?

Thanks
    Last edited by Tuff253; 12-15-2017 at 09:13 AM.

The vcore used and the core speed depends on the load. When tdp is breached, the cores should fall to a lower value. Thats assuming everthing is set as i stated.

Read back a few pages in this thread for a description of what the load line settings do.

ROG Member Array

OK cool I'll take a look. Under gaming load it's not exceeding 1.248v. Me thinks I should be happy with this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast