cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CREATE WIN8 ORG FROM ASUS G55VW Without FLASH USB first ON DVD DISKS!

ASUSG55VW
Level 7
Hi
i read any topics but can't fix my prob
i can make backup from ASUS BACKTRACKER On flash usb (16gb or more) well and work it but i need my Recovery on the Disk (DVD) and Ai Recovery don't work on this windows 8 well and show Partition does not exist
and a backup of the pure recovery is all I need and no more!!!
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
IMHO - there's no plus when using OEM system... its full of bloatware, slow and not updated.

2nd, backtracker was made FOR USB RECOVERY (SOURCE)
"For some Notebook don’t have CD-ROM drive and the architecture of the Windows is much bigger than before.One piece of DVD is not able to back up the whole image of the Operation System .
ASUS releases a new software Backtracker to back up the Operation System image to a USB drive"

3rd, try to toggle the "CSM" option in bios... you might "sit" on the wrong config, thus not being able to boot from usb/dvd.

4th, you might have bad usb / wrong partitioned... try to format your USB.

5th, we're not telepathic... if you want help, you need to provide more details, the more technical the better.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

backtracker worked but i need run Ai Recovery for write recovery org os 8 on dvd Disks
any number of disks is not a problem first i need write my asus g55vw org windows 8 on disks 🙂

I can't imagine why anyone would want anything on a DVD now days, they were never reliable very slow and linking Disk to disk never seem to work out.
Drive/SSD Images on a USB Ext disk are they way to go now days. Macrium Reflect seems to the the top imaging program the last few years, there are others out there that work for some people. A full C:\ Disk/SSD recovery takes about 10 minutes or less depending on how much crap your leaving on that drive. Restoring a backtracker DVD set could take hours and could fail at the change over to the next disk at any time.

If all you want is a windows 8 ISO or USB Install media get it from Microsoft MCT All you hardware drivers and Asus software are located here Asus support
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro