cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking 8700k with Corsair 3600mhz ram, pls help

Tee-Trinker89
Level 7
Hello Guys,

I made the last month many times around my Pc and test many difference Settings in the Bios, but nothing is running.
The first thing ist, xmp Profil ist not running, with the newest Bios Version (5430), i dont try it with older Versions.
with xmp starts the Windows not, it leaves in black Screen.
so i try the manual 3600mhz Setting but it works not...

I know that i must Change the Settings optimal , singel but i dont know what....
here gives many peopels with the same Problem but i dont find the result ...

my Setup:

i7 8700k

Asus Strix z370-e

32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL18 Quad Kit

the Maximum Speed of ram what i use, without Performance Problems is 2600mhz.
when i start the autotuning, it works with 2133 mhz.
i think it is space to the top.

when everywhere nows whats the Problem, pls help me or give me a link where i found the exactly Settings of the ram.
my Goal is , let the ram works with 3600mhz, thanks before
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
Have you tried manually setting VCCIO, VCCSA, and dram voltages?
Do the Strix boards have memory presets in the UEFI?
There are several other threads here discussing the Strix boards that may help you.
One thing to remember is the characteristics of each CPU is different, what works on one may not on another

nope, i try this not.
maybe when i know waht i must Change, then i try it.
okay thank you and i search in the Forum for this Problem, but i think the bios ist not so stable and finish....

Menthol
Level 14
I could post screen shot of bios settings on my Hero but it may not help with the Strix
VCCIO and VCCSA settings are directly under dram voltage setting in UEFI, set both to 1.2 to 1.25 , set dram v to 1.38 to 1.4v, these are safe settings that work fine on my Gskill kit