cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY max gpu fan speed ?

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
I just noticed that my gpu max fan speed is only 3600rpm while the cpu one goes up to 4100.

Can you guys tell me what max rpm's you get on the gpu fan?
Thank you!
10 REPLIES 10

Clintlgm
Level 14
What are you using to read fan speeds?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ill have a look at mine later and see what I get after loading it up. Had it out today for the first time in awhile. Don't run it much after building my X299 rig. Been so long I had to fight off the FC update!!
Thing to keep in mind is with the way the heatsinks and heatpipes are designed on this puppy you really don't have a CPU/GPU as much as a left and right HSF.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

You're right justinthyme, but that's how it says in the gaming center.

You're right justinthyme, but that's how it says in the gaming center.

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
I'm using the rog gaming center for the speeds and ramp up to 100% either with furmark and it's cpu stress together or with notebook fan control. Both give the same max speeds.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yeah I get the same in the gaming center and other software doesn't show the second fan. What I can tell you is the physical fans are the same just left and right orientation.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
Yup, I saw that when i opened it. Strange that it doesn't show anywhere but the gaming center and that it's slower.

JustinThyme
Level 13
There are a lot of Strange things about these machines!!
Initial release was fun with probably the worst being a BIOS issue where some folks were experiencing very long boots. When I say very long I mean like upwards of a minute or more, not the mammy whiners complaining over a few seconds. Whaaaaahhh, my friends Acer boots in 9 seconds and this is taking 12! I got so sick of that one that I got in trouble here for scolding them.

My philosophy, if it aint broke dont fix it.
Weve seen a lot posting over heat issues just to find it was sitting on a bed restricting air flow.

When these fans crap you will know! Either they quit and one fan goes to running full bore all the time or they make a very loud screeching or crunchy sound from bearing failure.
Other than that.....run it like you stole it!!

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
In my case, i think i have a defective heatsink because after undervolting 150 mv and underclocking with Intel xtu with 200 mhz for each turbo stage, i still get cpu temps of 95 and gpu temps of 85 (laptop sitting ON A COOLER). You sure are right with a lot of problems..
Oh, I didn't mention that I did 3 repastes with thermal grizzly kryonaut and thermal pads from the same producer for the vrm. I'm looking for every little chance of reducing the temps on this machine which should run smooth as butter right out of the box for the price i paid..
I just put it on the the market to find a buyer.. I'm done with asus until they get their **** together.