cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does XMP oc the CPU ???

agony22
Level 7
Hi to all, When I enable the XMP profile on my DDR4 my 7700K from the default 4.2 boosting on 1-2 cores at 4.5 changed and its always 4.5 GHZ on ALL 4 cores .
Is there any way to use my DDR4 Gskill RGB 4.266hz without OCing my CPU ?

My temps with XMP on ddr4 at default 4.266hz and oced 7700k at 4.5ghz on all cores are way to much at full load I get 80-85 Degrees and with XMP off I get 10c lower.

Thanks to all.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
No, XMP is only for memory. If your CPU is too hot then you should review your other CPU settings and I would double check the thermal paste.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JustinThyme
Level 13
One thing to keep in mind is enabling XMP doesn't hit the core but it does hit the cache which is still on the die and will jack your temps a bit but should not be core temps. What you should see an increase in is the package temp.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
I never use XMP. I always set fabric specification, check is it voltage normal, check timmings and than see what could be done with lower timmings on default frequency.
I'm not crazy for increasing memory frequency, pump voltage and set higher timmings.
And these new expensive kits not attract me at all with timmings 25.
It would be nice to CORSAIR launch Special Edition Black Dominator 3200MHz C10 or C11.
Dominator Platinum 2133MHz C10 was more than 50$ higher price than 3000MHz C15.
That's much better, than even weaker IMC could deal with freaquency and performance grow with lower timming and command rate.

Chino
Level 15
agony22 wrote:
Hi to all, When I enable the XMP profile on my DDR4 my 7700K from the default 4.2 boosting on 1-2 cores at 4.5 changed and its always 4.5 GHZ on ALL 4 cores .
Is there any way to use my DDR4 Gskill RGB 4.266hz without OCing my CPU ?

My temps with XMP on ddr4 at default 4.266hz and oced 7700k at 4.5ghz on all cores are way to much at full load I get 80-85 Degrees and with XMP off I get 10c lower.

Thanks to all.

Take a look at the ASUS MultiCore Enhancement option in the BIOS. Disable it to use Intel's default Turbo speeds.

agony22
Level 7
thank you all for taking time to answer me.