cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix B350F - Gaming

Lt_Stoned
Level 7
Hello guys,
I just bought my new PC a week ago and built it up the same day.
The first thing i did was flashing the bios to the latest Version. (now 3401)

And here is my Problem:
I was trying to Overclock my Ryzen7 1700x...
First of all i got a big struggle with the Ram, i know its a ryzen problem, but thats another thing.
At the end i got it stable on 3k Mhz on 1.3550 V.

Well the actual Probkem is, that i cant set some options on "manual" Like the AI Tweaker or my Vcore settings.
I can only set the AI Tweaker to "AUTO" and to "D.O.C.P" which i did to get the Ram to work.
The Vcore setting is limited to "AUTO" and to "OFFSET" but again i cant click on "Manual" to get a stable Volt count.
Then i activated TPU I to get my Ryzen 7 1700x to 3.8 ghz this is stable at The Vcore "auto" option on 1.35V...

But when i set it above 3.8ghz it boots with 1.45V without any reason.
So i tried to get it done with the "offset" mode and here we go, the board doesn`t care what Offset im seeting down.
On any option it goes up to 1.43V in CPU Z... on any option i set, 0.01 to 0.2 it just doesn`t care.

My PC Specs:
Asus Rog Strix B350f-Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
Zotac AMP! GTX 1080 Edition @2Ghz
G-Skill 3200Mhz 2x 8GB Ram Rip Jaws

Can anyone help me here to get the normal "manual" option back?
Hit me up if you need any other specifications!

For the grammar enthusiasts ... I am german, I am sorry for mistakes 😄
Thank you guys!
2 REPLIES 2

darkage
Level 11
hi
the B350-F only oc with offset mode, if you want to oc try to disable CorePerformanceBoost in AMDCBS, and start to oc with offset
but you need to read a lot about oc
and try the search here, its a great help
best regards

Thank you for the answer!

Well im a little bit confused about this now... in the manual they say something about the "manual" mode.... but as i said, i cant activate that.
I really dont understand why they are writing something like this, if you can`t even enable it.