cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX 502 VMZ laptop GTX 1060 6 gb GPU temperatures

dimonkoval84
Level 7
Hi !
My asus laptop FX502 - VMZ FY414 ( I7700HQ \ 16 gb RAM \SSD 512 gb \ Gforce GTX 1060 6 gb\ WIN 10 64 bit\ home edition) i`ve bought about a month ago. When playing games ( witcher 3, gta v, battlefield 3 etc.) my GPU temperature is about 70 - 72 degrees Cels. When watching films the temp. is about 47 - 50 C. The laptop is always on the cooling pad, temperature at home is about 20 C. Versions of nvidia drivers and bios are the latest.
The question is: those people, who have the ROG or similar laptops, what GPU temperature you have when gaming, and what do you think about this tempeatures, is it high or normal? Also what you think , how many years may laptop work with such temperatures ( I use it from 3 to 5 hours a day).
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

visualblind
Level 7
Hi, I believe I have the same laptop and I have the same issue. Mine is also on a cooling pad, and I have to use an external fan blowing in-between the screen and keyboard to even play games like PUBG without the laptop turning itself off due to high temps. I'm not impressed with the cooling design and have had several other issues as well related to packet loss on both the onboard NIC and wireless adapter.