- Tech Specs
- Where to buy
ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO
AMD X470 ATX Gaming motherboard with M.2 heatsink, Aura Sync RGB LED, DDR4 3600MHz, dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, and USB 3.1 Gen 2
- AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ processors
- Synchronized RGB lighting technology works with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync-capable PC gear and includes support for addressable light strips and Phillip Hue
- Perfected cooling with dedicated water header zones, M.2 heatsink and various fan control
- Gaming connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet , LANGaurd, dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Extensive overclocking options with easy automated one-click overclock, to advanced finer control in the BIOS
- Gaming Audio: SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III – High fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability
DIY Friendly Design
DIY Friendly Design
ROG Crosshair VII Hero wears an informative silkscreen that makes it easy to identify native ports for your drives and peripherals, and also which PCI Express and memory slots to populate for best system performance.
ROG Crosshair VII HeroTHE HERO EVERYONE WANTS
Revel in ROG's enthusiast roots with ROG Crosshair VII Hero — the X470 gaming motherboard that conceals potent power, smarter cooling, and faster memory support under a stealthy new skin. Loaded with renowned ROG features, from one-click overclocking and cooling to attention-grabbing Aura Sync illumination, it’s the perfect foundation for your AMD Ryzen™ rig.
ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for built-in RGB LEDs and for lighting strips connected to the onboard RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
* The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m.
**RGB extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
- Color cycle
- Flash and dash
- Glowing Yo-Yo
- Starry Night
- Music Effect
AURA Lighting Control
Infinite Lighting Possibilities
Aura lighting control
ASUS Aura has evolved to be more user-friendly than ever
Aura now supports RGB color codes, for easier setup
Customizable temperature thresholds allow you to choose how CPU and GPU temps are expressed via RGB lighting
Infinite Lighting Possibilities
ASUS Aura SDK allows developers to take full advantage of the vast ecosystem of Aura Sync-capable PC gear. From in-system illumination to peripherals and beyond, the SDK provides an evolving toolkit of options to enhance games and software with RGB lighting. Game effects, alerts, and audio can all be conveyed via Aura-compatible hardware, creating subtle or dazzling visual cues to augment the action. There's also scope to map system parameters to lighting, such as internal temperatures, handing you versatile new ways to monitor vital information.
Visit the ASUS Aura microsite to learn more about Aura SDK.
AURA SYNC X PHILIPS HUE
ROG Crosshair VII Hero takes ASUS Aura into the home — and now it also lets you synchronize effects with Philips® Hue personal wireless lighting. Easily control your Hue light bulbs, strips and lamps from the simple Aura app , and create immersive illumination that extends beyond your rig to make the whole room part of your gaming experience.
ASUS PRO CLOCK TECHNOLOGY
By default, all of Ryzen’s major bus frequencies are derived from the same reference clock, limiting the control and flexibility needed to harness the full overclocking potential of the platform. ROG Crosshair VII Hero features a dedicated onboard clock generator that supplies dynamic reference clocks to the CPU cores and major subdomains, giving you the freedom to coax every MHz of headroom from the system.
DDR4 OVERCLOCKING STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
Whether you’re gunning for high memory frequencies or tuning timings for the lowest latency, ROG Crosshair VII Hero provides the tools you need to exploit Ryzen’s latent potential: carefully optimized trace pathways maintain signal integrity, and the acclaimed ROG firmware offers the necessary tweaks to ensure stability while maximizing memory performance. Load up with a high-density memory kit for heavy multitasking, or run a focused setup that delivers the bandwidth your favorite games and applications need. Any way you stack it, the Hero has you covered.
SPEED YOUR GAME LOADS
ROG's uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Automatically caches all your storage devices at the same time for optimal use of your system‘s caching resources.
ONE-CLICK OVERCLOCKING AND COOLING
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart by dynamically optimizing essential aspects of your system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
・ An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
・ Fans stay whisper-quiet during everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU- or GPU-intensive tasks.
・ An all-new stress test allows users to optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your Ryzen-based rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Cooler By Design
ROG Crosshair VII Hero features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Multiple temperature sources
4-pin PWM/DC fan
Fan Extension Header
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload-based cooling. And all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.*W_PUMP+ and AIO PUMP are also PWM/DC controllable.
Allows expansion of three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
A dedicated circuit protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop
A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
ROG's SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality. We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op amp for high gain with low distortion — all to deliver audio that envelops you as never before.
10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1 channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front panel outputs
ESS® SABRE ES9023P DAC
Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -112dB THD
Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Gold-Plated Audio Jacks
Backlit audio jacks save you from fumbling around in the dark
Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs
ESS® SABRE ES9023P DAC
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Radar III
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*Learn more about Sonic Studio III.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process sound true to life.
In-game sound effects and music are adjusted automatically to increase the feeling of immersion, so audio pulls you further into the game.
The Voice Clarity and Smart Volume sliders are set high to emphasize dialog, so you’ll hear the softest whispers and experience minimum distortion at maximum volume.
Voice Clarity, Bass Boost and Treble Boost are carefully balanced so your music-listening experience feels like a live performance.
Soft sounds are accentuated by Smart Volume for enhanced listening, while Voice Clarity boosts speech for crystal-clear conversations.
Sonic Studio Link applies Sonic Studio III effects to your VR headset, boosting immersion in virtual worlds.
Easy-to-use routing assigns different audio streams to different outputs, such as browser effects to headphones and game audio to speakers.
Scan and detect to dominate!
Sonic Radar III
The immersive Sonic Radar III audio engine processes sounds more accurately than ever, so you're always aware of what's going on around you. Use the on-screen arrow to hone your enemy-pinpointing skills, and enjoy visualized audio detail that eliminates the need to crank up the volume. It’s the perfect tool for practice rounds and tuning untrained ears.
*Learn more about Sonic Radar III.
Improved Audio AlgorithmThe new Sonic Radar audio algorithm is now even more accurate to allow enemies to be pinpointed with even more accuracy.
3D EngineSonic Radar III is built around it’s all new HUD with an in-game 3 dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
Audio BoostThe new audio boost feature now allows the boosted audio to be heard directly. *HUD: Head Up Display
Audio RadarSonic Radar 3 is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
TEAM UP TO BANISH LAG
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming. New Multi-Gate Teaming brings together all your networks to create gargantuan bandwidth and smoothest-ever gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database to ensure that every game is optimized for best performance.
Stay in the Game
Stay In The Game
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay features color-matched ROG skins that show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from the Overwolf Appstore!
5 customizable apps
0 missed calls during gaming
5+ clients in a single interface
AI Suite 3
One-stop control panel
ROG theme CPU-Z
Shows your important system information with pride
Dynamic timing monitoring, DRAM efficiency gauge
Boost your favorite applications up to 20X faster than SSD with the junction function
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus (1 year)
The best protection from viruses and spyware
DAEMON tools software
The leading tool for optical and virtual discs
Accelerate your PC by eliminating clogs with simple click
The Power of AMD
AM4 socket for AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics / Ryzen™ 1st Generation / 7th Generation A Series / Athlon X4 processors.
The high-performance Ryzen processor supports up to eight cores, and is based on the innovative Zen core architecture. The 7th Generation A Series APUs feature integrated AMD Radeon R Series graphics. AMD AM4-socket processors feature dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 and 16 PCI Express® 3.0/2.0 lanes for superb performance.
AMD X470 chipset
The AMD X470 chipset delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities for the latest AMD AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A Series APUs and Athlon™ CPUs. It is optimized for multiple GPU configurations including NVDIA SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™. It also provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports and six 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval.
AMD StoreMI technology is a software utility that accelerates any drive for better system responsiveness with reduced startup and software load times. It combines SSD performance with the affordability and capacity of an HDD by automatically moving frequently accessed data to dedicated SSD storage.
For more detailed information, please refer to AMD official website : https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/store-mi
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer specification pages for full details.
- *Precise specifications and features vary by model . Please refer to the specification page
- The product (electrical , electronic equipment, Mercury-containing button cell battery) should not be placed in municipal waste. Check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- The use of trademark symbol (TM, ®) appears on this website means that the word text, trademarks, logos or slogans, is being used as trademark under common laws protection and/or registered as Trademark in U.S. and/or other country/region.
- WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi.
- The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.
- For pricing information, ASUS is only entitled to set a recommendation resale price. All resellers are free to set their own price as they wish.
- Price may not include extra fee, including tax、shipping、handling、recycling fee.
Product added to comparison. Add up to 4 products or proceed to view compare products selected.