ROG Intelligent Cooling
Go To Top
Seriously Cool. Surprisingly Quiet.
ROG uses a strategic mix of hardware and features to achieve ideal cooling for each combination of components and chassis, while keeping noise levels low. Cutting-edge fan design and liquid metal work together with smart software to optimize your experience for work and play.
CPU cool with liquid metal
Cooling is one of the greatest challenges facing gaming laptops, and ROG is constantly pushing the envelope. This drive led to liquid metals, which are extremely effective at transferring thermal energy between surfaces like a processor die and heatsink. Over a year of testing with various processors, ROG engineers observed reductions in temperatures up to 10 degrees Celsius with liquid metal, depending on the CPU. Lower temperatures help processors sustain higher clock speeds for longer and prevent fans from ramping up and making noise.
* Temperature improvements compared to the previous gen thermal compound, as tested internally by ASUS. Thermal conductivity compared to industry standard.
Arc Flow Fans™ move more air with less noise
Updated Arc Flow Fans feature curved blades specially shaped to maximize airflow with minimal noise. Laptop fan blades are typically the same thickness throughout, but our new design can get as thin as 0.1mm at the base before expanding toward the tip. Varying the thickness reduces turbulence as the fan blades accelerate air with centrifugal force, giving you a quieter overall experience.
* Airflow improvements compared to the 71-blade ROG fan design, as tested internally by ASUS.
down to 0.1mm
Variable Blade Thickness design reduces air collision
Our fans use blades of variable thickness and shape to reduce turbulence and maximize airflow efficiency. By changing from a high to low pressure area gradually before being expelled by the fan, the air turbulence is drastically reduced compared to traditional fan blade designs. This patented new design is made possible by the latest liquid-crystal-polymer processing technologies that allow us to create ultrathin, strong fan blades for increased air intake.
With Variable Blade Thickness
Without Variable Blade Thickness
Anti-Resonance design reduces turbulence
Our new Arc Flow fans were inspired by the most aerodynamic designs found in nature. Each blade is capped with a tip to regulate airflow, the same way that a bird’s feathers are tipped to keep the bird balanced in flight. The blade caps use a wave pattern that is inspired by the variegated wingtips of a bird; guiding the flow of air around the fan while minimizing turbulence for maximum efficiency.
With Anti-Resonance Design
Without Anti-Resonance Design
0dB Technology, Zero Distractions
Enjoy truly silent cooling under light workloads with 0dB Technology. In the Silent operating mode, the cooling system switches off all fans during everyday tasks to dissipate heat passively. This lets you concentrate on your work and immerse yourself in movies with less distraction. If CPU or GPU temperatures increase, the fans automatically switch on again.
Anti-Dust Tunnels eject debris
Our upgraded thermal module design features shorter anti-dust tunnels that leave up to 5% more space around the fan, improving airflow by up to 15%. Preventing the buildup of dust ensures the long-term stability and reliability of your system.
better fan performance
Open up the vents with
Active Aerodynamic System Plus (AAS Plus) pushes the AAS concept further on select models, opening a massive 28.5mm air intake behind the tilted secondary display that increases airflow by up to 30%. Instead of drawing in air from below the laptop, where components can warm incoming air, this top-facing vent draws cooler air from above. The larger space also helps keep noise levels below 43dB in performance mode, enabling a quieter gaming experience.
*Exclusive on ROG Zephyrus Duo series.
Vapor Chambers dissipate heat faster
Compared to conventional heat pipes that only transfer heat along their axis, vapor chamber designs spread heat across their entire surface, creating a wider area for heat dissipation to rapidly lower temperatures in small spaces. Our design also uses a rectangular thermal plate to draw heat away from not only the CPU and GPU, but also the power regulation circuitry. Reducing the temperature of these power components helps improve long-term stability and reliability.
* Exclusive on the ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition.
Up to 6
comprehensive heatpipes got you covered
Our comprehensive solution uses up to six heatpipes and quad heatsinks for efficient dissipation across all internal components. More heatpipes means more efficient heat transfer, and unlike simpler designs which only cover the CPU and GPU, this layout also draws heat away from the video RAM and voltage regulation modules for better system stability.
0.1mm ultra thin fin for the win
Thermal energy is dissipated by four heatsinks, each lined with ultrathin copper fins as slim as 0.1mm. These fins are half the size of typical solutions, allowing for higher density for heat dissipation and lower air resistance to allow for smoother flow. There are up to 252 heatsink fins totaling 110,328mm² of surface area.
better heat dissipation
less air resistance
faster thermal conductivity
Scenario Profiles give you the right cooling at the right time
Our Silent, Performance, and Turbo modes are just the beginning. Scenario Profiles allow your system to automatically switch between them based on the application you're running, alongside other vital system settings. Switch between lighting configurations automatically, disable the Windows key and touchpad during games, and automate to your heart's content. Armoury Crate makes adjustments in an instant to best fit the task at hand.
A low power state that disables the fans completely during light computing for a silent experience.Fans will ramp higher than in Performance mode, allowing more potential performance, but increasing fan noise.Default fan and power mode ramps up fans automatically when needed. The recommended mode.Manual mode allows you to tweak the settings exactly the way you want.
CoolingNoice ReductionEnergy SavingGPU PerformanceCPU Performance
Explore all the gaming laptops that feature ROG Intelligent Cooling
No matter the situation, ROG has a solution that will blow you away. Explore all the gaming laptops that feature ROG Intelligent Cooling at the links below. Laptop gaming has never been cooler.Learn More
- The standard Asus test environment for battery life is as follows: Windows operating system, display module with 150 nits of brightness, lighting off, and other application settings
- Video Playback: Testing is done with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth off, Windows Power Plan set to Balanced, Taskbar Power Mode set to Battery Saver, system volume at 67%, and video at full screen, 1080p resolution
- Web Browsing: Testing is done with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, Windows Power Plan set to Balanced, Taskbar Power Mode set to Better Battery, and using the Weblooper Top50 website in Google Chrome to play the video with a refresh time of 10 seconds.
- Factors that affect battery life include laptop configuration, power settings, and the way it is used. Battery capacity fades with its cycle count and age.
- Quick-charging times apply when using the proper ASUS/ROG adapter included alongside the select model and the system is powered off (via the "shut down" command). In compatible scenarios, batteries can be recharged to 50% within 30 minutes under the optimal temperature range of 20-45 degrees Celsius. Charging times may vary +/- 10% due to system tolerance.
- The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
- The actual version of HDMI 2.1 should be checked in the specifications page.
- HDMI 2.0 was revised to HDMI 2.1 TMDS, and HDMI 2.1 was revised to HDMI 2.1 FRL effective from May 3, 2022.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.