cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Driver Issue?

rgrantham86
Level 7
Anytime I watch a movie or play WoW or Assassin's Creed, everything starts off just fine.
When watching movies, after about 20-30 minutes the video starts to seriously lag to the point where frames will get stuck as the audio goes on. I've tried multiple players: iTunes, VLC, Windows Media Player, and Cineplayer. It happens with all of them, but I seem to get 30-45 minutes with Cineplayer.
When playing games, everything will be fine, but then my FPS will go down to 8-10 FPS for a few seconds to about a minute at a time, even in low populated areas.
I have no idea whats going on and the computer is set to High Performance. This driving me crazy and I really need a fix.
My model number is G75VW-BBK5
So please Gamer friends, help me out.

-Ryan
8 REPLIES 8

Addohm
Level 7
What is your GPU temperature when this occurs? It sounds like your GPU is getting too hot.

Addohm wrote:
What is your GPU temperature when this occurs? It sounds like your GPU is getting too hot.

It happens even if I just turn it on for the first time of the day after being off all night. I make sure when I try to run any games or anything that the power cord is in so I know it's not the power either.

X-ROG
Level 15
Check your GPU temp with GPU-Z.
Remove Trend Micro software if you haven't done already.
Update your sound drivers to the latest ones on the site.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Check your GPU temp with GPU-Z.
Remove Trend Micro software if you haven't done already.
Update your sound drivers to the latest ones on the site.

I downloaded GPU-Z and with multiple videos running it stays at about 51C consistently. What is it supposed to be at?

Daylife
Level 9
rgrantham86 wrote:
Anytime I watch a movie or play WoW or Assassin's Creed, everything starts off just fine.
When watching movies, after about 20-30 minutes the video starts to seriously lag to the point where frames will get stuck as the audio goes on. I've tried multiple players: iTunes, VLC, Windows Media Player, and Cineplayer. It happens with all of them, but I seem to get 30-45 minutes with Cineplayer.
When playing games, everything will be fine, but then my FPS will go down to 8-10 FPS for a few seconds to about a minute at a time, even in low populated areas.
I have no idea whats going on and the computer is set to High Performance. This driving me crazy and I really need a fix.
My model number is G75VW-BBK5
So please Gamer friends, help me out.

-Ryan

Sigh, 90% of these threads are negative things about this laptop lol.......Like wow thats sad.

Daylife wrote:
Sigh, 90% of these threads are negative things about this laptop lol.......Like wow thats sad.

That is only because the majority of people who take the time to make an account on these forums are people who are having problems and need help solving them. Everyone else is too busy using their laptop and having fun.

I have been having nothing but a great experience from my G75 and I have been hammering non stop with every top end game I can throw at it.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

chrsplmr
Level 18
DayLife .. of course they are .. this is a Support forum. Most come here with an issue. The percentage
of equipent sold compared to those needing support is monsterous in proportion.
In the long view, I feel fortunate that I was lucky enough to get a defective unit once, or I may never
have stumbled upon this forum.
This is why I believe that somehow registering on the forum should be mandatory to activate the equipment.
This alone would propel the advancement of ROG by shining light in every corner to final resolution of all
issues and permanant fixes in the next generation of ROGgear. In my humble opinion - of course.c.

Liquidus
Level 8
Uninstall McAfee if you have that installed.