cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ASUS G75vw a horrible laptop or i just bought a dud one?

LEONDOTCOM
Level 7
After being owner of Sony for 5.5 years I decided to go with ASUS G75VW. After 1.5 MONTH= dead laptop. Sent to ASUS for repair and was told 10 days max will have my laptop back. 10 days later was told no parts (new motherboard),
ASUS SUPPORT is the worst I encountered (Sydney, Australia). You get technical support guy on the phone who does not know what is really happening to your laptop.
Anyways got my laptop back working total time lost 20 days!
Connected everything and ONLY 1 USB out of 4 is working.
Back to ASUS it is sent.
Reply from ASUS new morherboard required =wait time possibly another 10 days!
Time lost to date over 1 (ONE) Month.
Am waiting now for product care warranty (I paid for $350) to kick in to replace for new or money back.

What is your advice? Go for same laptop or go with SONY?
Thank you
12 REPLIES 12

Shawnnepc
Level 13
I would definitely stick with the G75 vs what Sony has to offer.

As with all RMA's with ASUS it's best to post here first to see if your issue can be resolved by the community. Motherboard failure is rare with the G75 series and there's many non-serious issues that can cause a unit to not post or turn on.

We also have a group of ASUS reps that hang out on the forums that can assist in making the RMA process easier.

I'm not real sure how ASUS handles warranty and support in Australia (if it's ASUS corp or 3rd party) as I'm in the US and our systems are different.

Welcome to the ASUS ROG community, we hope that you'll give us the chance to change your mind about ASUS products.

LEONDOTCOM wrote:
After being owner of Sony for 5.5 years I decided to go with ASUS G75VW. After 1.5 MONTH= dead laptop. Sent to ASUS for repair and was told 10 days max will have my laptop back. 10 days later was told no parts (new motherboard),
ASUS SUPPORT is the worst I encountered (Sydney, Australia). You get technical support guy on the phone who does not know what is really happening to your laptop.
Anyways got my laptop back working total time lost 20 days!
Connected everything and ONLY 1 USB out of 4 is working.
Back to ASUS it is sent.
Reply from ASUS new morherboard required =wait time possibly another 10 days!
Time lost to date over 1 (ONE) Month.
Am waiting now for product care warranty (I paid for $350) to kick in to replace for new or money back.

What is your advice? Go for same laptop or go with SONY?
Thank you
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

chrsplmr
Level 18
Agree .. Shawnnepc.
Stick with the G .. and ROGforum.c.

Sinless
Level 10
I sent my G75 for repairs (faulty mobo and battery) to service center on august 13ht, and quess what, they are still waiting for parts. This is really insane.
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305

c_man
Level 11

cl-scott
Level 12
Not sure what I can tell you guys except that supply shortages happen. Sometimes you go to the store to get milk, and guess what, they're out of milk.

I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese college students who are being pressed into service assembling iPhone 5 units, but any other explanations for why there seems to be a supply shortage will likely have a much diminished degree of certainty. I also worked with someone who did Sony repairs before coming to Asus, and she was always having problems getting parts. This sort of thing hits every company at some point. Anyone who can manage to perfect the process of supply chain management, such that this sort of thing never happens, will have every company in the world beating down their door with big bags of cash to get that person to come work for them.

cl-scott wrote:

I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese college students who are being pressed into service assembling iPhone 5 units, but any other explanations for why there seems to be a supply shortage will likely have a much diminished degree of certainty.

What ???

You are a moderator ... is that correct ???

Lets keep it relevant to the questions posted please.

john_from_ohio wrote:
What ???

He actually was on topic, he was just making a jest at Foxconn and Samsung
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sounds like your haveing a serious problem. I would still stick with the G75, lots of us have them with out problems or minor problems we have been able to solve here on this fourm. And we here are just a small % of the total number of these units sold. I would PM cl-scott
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

cl-scott
Level 12
john_from_ohio wrote:
What ???

I was being facetious. I figured as much would be rather obvious based on the fact that my comment was rather obvious. It's like when people ask me where someone is, and I might say, "Somewhere that isn't here." I was trying to bring a little levity to the discussion. I can't do anything about the dearth of parts in the channel right now, but I can at least try to provide a momentary diversion to help pass the time.

So as my high school french teacher was fond of saying: Calmez-vous! Then I'd usually respond with, and in my best indignant tone: Je suis parfait! But I digress.